Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Better 404 catching

[eluser]Atharva[/eluser]
I can confirm that this problem has been resolved in latest reactor (that is, both invalid controller and invalid function will call custom 404 page)

[eluser]victorche[/eluser]
Sorry, but i can not confirm this. Clean, up-to-date CI 2.0.0, downloaded 2 days ago from bitbucket and the problem exists...

[eluser]Basketcasesoftware[/eluser]
Be nice to know what @Atharva did different from @victorche.

i described my 2 problems with 404 in details here:
http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/181420/

And it can be easily tested with the latest 2.0.0 and a simple controller, as described in that topic. So far, no success.

[eluser]duellsy[/eluser]
[quote author="Atharva" date="1298130428"]I can confirm that this problem has been resolved in latest reactor (that is, both invalid controller and invalid function will call custom 404 page)[/quote]

Sweet! So that deems this code unneeded then?

i.e., 404_override route will be called in both cases (invalid controller or invalid function)?

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
[quote author="victorche" date="1298207308"]Sorry, but i can not confirm this. Clean, up-to-date CI 2.0.0, downloaded 2 days ago from bitbucket and the problem exists...[/quote]

I said "checked out a later development copy" not "downloaded the same 2.0.0 tag again".

When you download "2.0.0" you are getting a specific tag. That is a way for developers to say "this is now 2.0.0 and this is not going to change".

What I suggested was you took the latest development copy which has changed since the 2.0.0 tag to see if the recent changes have worked, which apparently they have.

[eluser]Basketcasesoftware[/eluser]
I'm assuming you are meaning "tip", Phil? That difference can be confusing to people. If I'm coming to the CodeIgniter site for the first time and I see that link on the front page talking about 2.0.0, what am I actually downloading?

Sorry, @Phil! But I think you got me wrong here... I tried to say, that this problem exists (as described in my other topic) with the latest development version. I said, I am downloading it from BitBucket with all the latest changes (I am watching the changes almost every day). And I said that this is "latest 2.0.0", which is wrong maybe, but since we do not still have 2.0.1, I assume I have to call it 2.0.1 Beta maybe.
But anyway... The problem (described with a small example in the other topic) still exists with the latest changes.
Sorry for this mistake again.

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
[quote author="Basketcasesoftware" date="1298358541"]I'm assuming you are meaning "tip", Phil? That difference can be confusing to people. If I'm coming to the CodeIgniter site for the first time and I see that link on the front page talking about 2.0.0, what am I actually downloading?[/quote]

Not confusion at all. Versions are tags, tags are 1.7.3, 2.0.0, etc and both Core and Reactor have tags. When you go on the homepage you get the latest Reactor tag. We make changes every day so there are a zillion revisions, but only versions are tagged.

Nobody should go anywhere near BitBucket unless they know what they are doing, and I only suggest it to people that I know know what they are doing.

[quote author="victorche" date="1298388053"]Sorry, @Phil! But I think you got me wrong here... I tried to say, that this problem exists (as described in my other topic) with the latest development version.[/quote]

Aww shucks! Fair enough, from your description that is the way it sounded. I would say something like "latest changeset, latest revision, latest tip, etc" to make the difference clear. Could you post some debug information and a description of how we can recreate?

Sure, @Phil! As described in the first post of this topic:
http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/181420/

There i have a simple error controller and a simple example of how to reproduce the problem. I have two problems in this case, but the first one, as you already answered there, is a normal situation. I mean, calling show_404() is giving me the default 404 error, not the custom one. Well, that's Ok for me as in this case I can redirect to my custom 404 error page, instead of making show_404()

But ... The second problem in this topic is the real one. When calling a missing method, there is a problem with all of the autoloaded libraries. That's something that I tried with the latest development source. You can simply test it by yourself.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB