Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Learning CodeIgniter fremework

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hello everyone,

I am fresher php developer i want to use CodeIgniter fremework
But i dont know how to use it. Can anyone explain me basic steps means Login form or simple how to print meaasge through CodeIgniter fremework. Please help me.

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
First you need to setup a local web server, this depends on what operating system you are using.

Microsoft Windows - XAMPP or WAMP

Mac I belive is MAPP not sure.

Then you need to create a directory under your web server XAMPP is htdocs.

You would then install the CodeIgniter Framework in that directory.

Then just follow the CodeIgniter User Guide.

InsiteFX

[eluser]Devon Lambert[/eluser]
To add on to what InsiteFX has thrown out, you should check out some of the great uses of CI that have come before you made your way to the forums. For instance, Phil Sturgeon has done amazing things with CI - Not only has he headed up the development of a pretty solid CMS built entirely on Codeigniter, he contributes regularly to the new CI branch (Reactor). His stuff is a gold mine of best practices and good code in general.

In other news, you should also check out some of the other popular libraries floating around the forums. i.e. WiredDesignz HMVC library is excellent. WanWizard has Datamapper which aims to extend CI even further. Remember, your a visitor who is checking out what CI has to offer. Take all this code in and you will learn best practices. As you develop, you'll become aware of perfect use cases and may even begin to see examples yourself.

One closing statement I can offer is to checkout this thread by Jelmer.
http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/125687/

His getting started lessons are a boon. Read on young Pad Wan. :-)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB