Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
ODBC 08S01 connection problem

[eluser]Swedie[/eluser]
Upon upgrading to CI 2.0 (from 1.7.3) the ODBC connection gives me a 08S01 error. This is said to be a network connection problem, but there are none! I can connect fine in all other ways (SQL browser, DSN, etc etc). Only CI gives this error.

What's new and why and how to fix this?
Quote:A Database Error Occurred
Error Number: 08S01

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Kommunikationslänk misslyckades

* SQL query removed, nothing wrong with it *

Filename: D:\XXXXX\xxxxxxxx\system\database\DB_driver.php

Line Number: 330

Kinda weird is that line 330 is only a line with a closing bracket and a semi-colon. ???

[eluser]Swedie[/eluser]
Wow, this is weird. I bet this is something close to the issues I've had with CI's sessions. For example, the cookie will fail with a an error about "key" something (don't remember exacly) if CI believes the session is flawed (security / hack) ? Like going back and forth between different windows in the browser.

What I did now was using another browser (IE, instead of Chrome) to surf to my project. This cleared the problem in both browsers.

[eluser]Swedie[/eluser]
Might just have to follow up on this. Now getting:

Quote:A Database Error Occurred
Error Number: 01000

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]ConnectionWrite (send()).

What the hell is going on?

[eluser]Swedie[/eluser]
The only thing that solves this is by restarting my Apache server. What's up? This must be a 2.0 bug! Please fix!

[eluser]Kimhallberg[/eluser]
From what I've realized, you need to set an encryption key to work with sessions and cookies, the db error on the other hand I have no idea, I work with 2.0 and got no problems with databases, check to see if every constants is correct? Might help, I don't no.

[eluser]Swedie[/eluser]
I've set the encryption key already. I did notice I had put a too long of an encryption key. Could that possibly be the cause of this?

[eluser]Kimhallberg[/eluser]
Most likely, either way to the session problem I think, the key should'nt be larger then 32 digits.
The database problem, I've got no idea about that so. :/

[eluser]Swedie[/eluser]
My emergency fix for this will have to be to place a hook on that error and execute a command to restart apache each time this happens.

Please, will someone from the CI crew have a look at this and start debugging? How can I assist to get this solved?

[eluser]Swedie[/eluser]
Could I please get some attention on this matter that possibly can help me solve this?

It's starting to really cause harm on our website.

The DB link is killed and not allowed to be used further.

This have happened only with the upgrade to version 2.0!

Please! I'll pay someone to fix this if need to Sad

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB