Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Has annyoing sucessully intergarted CI with vanilla?

[eluser]LAMPguru[/eluser]
Hello,

I'm trying to integrate CI with Vanilla, I follow the instruction from this posting http://codeigniter.com/wiki/FreakAuth-Va...m_engine-/ but I can not seem to be able to make it work. Any assistance would be great.

Thank you

[eluser]Grahack[/eluser]
I'll try to help you but please report the problems and ask a clear question Wink

[eluser]LAMPguru[/eluser]
I follow some of your directions to a T but I cannot seems to get it to work.

Here's what I did:
1. I CI DIP my system;
2. I installed vanilla;
2. I follow your directions on how to connect the vanilla and CI, here [[ FreakAuth-Vanilla integration -an auth lib and a forum engine]]

should I posted any other information to clarify my situation?

[eluser]Grahack[/eluser]
yes, what happens that makes you say it doesn't work ?
did you login with FAL successfully ? and then ?

[eluser]flokky[/eluser]
Hi Grahack,

Yesterday, I too read the instructions about integrating Vanilla into FreakAuth.

I've had some problems, but the most of them I could solve:
-Complaining about method Redirect which was already defined (renamed to Redir) solved that.

The authentication is working great, except the 'log out' doesn't work. He keeps giving me "Call to undefined method Authenticator:Big GrineAuthenticate" error when I click the link. I've checked, and can see clearly the Class and Method, so I don't know what could be wrong....

Btw, FreakAuth rocks!

[eluser]Grahack[/eluser]
[quote author="flokky" date="1194974346"]method Redirect which was already defined
[/quote]
strange, I never had this one... thanks pointing it anyway
Quote:The authentication is working great, except the 'log out' doesn't work. He keeps giving me "Call to undefined method Authenticator:Big GrineAuthenticate" error when I click the link. I've checked, and can see clearly the Class and Method, so I don't know what could be wrong....
This class has been replaced by the one defined in People.Class.FAL_Authenticator.php that you found in the CI wiki, thanks to this line:
Code:
$Configuration['AUTHENTICATION_MODULE'] = 'People/People.Class.FAL_Authenticator.php';
My choice was to not display any of the Vanilla.People links (log in/out) and manage this within my own nav header, that makes FAL work directly.
So what you can do is imitate me (see the end of the wiki page), or implement the DeAuthenticate function, BUT IN OUR NEW People.Class.FAL_Authenticator.php Wink.
Cheers, feel free to update the wiki if you've come to something working.

[eluser]flokky[/eluser]
Lol, I feel so ashamed Smile
It was rather late yesterday while I was reading your tutorial and I never saw the end of the wiki. I thought I had done something wrong, hence the previous errors.

After a good-night sleep, I re-read the wiki and it makes a lot more sense now.

The only thing I couldn't find directly is how you load your menu:
Code:
<?php $obj =& get_instance();echo $obj->load->view('my_menu', null, true); ?>

At first I thought I pointed directly to the view, but that wouldn't be great MVC, right? But now I grasp this is pointing to the controllers name.

I'm thinking of implementing the DeAuthenticate and when I do, I'll let you know! Cheers and thank you for the reply.

[eluser]Grahack[/eluser]
[quote author="flokky" date="1195013212"]The only thing I couldn't find directly is how you load your menu:
Code:
<?php $obj =& get_instance();echo $obj->load->view('my_menu', null, true); ?>

At first I thought I pointed directly to the view, but that wouldn't be great MVC, right? But now I grasp this is pointing to the controllers name.[/quote]
This line of code executed from a theme file loads a view file called my_menu. That's still MVC to me: only View-like here.
Not sure to understand what you said though.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hello

Im Trying to do the integration, but I have the following problem:

When I authenticate in FreakAuth as SuperAdministrator I was Authenticated in Vanilla correctly, but if I sign in with a normal user, the normal user is not authenticated in Vanilla.

Thanks!

[eluser]Grahack[/eluser]
Could you precise the problem? Did Vanilla say "The requested username and password combination could not be found."?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB