Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Another white blank screen error on the dev server

[eluser]Ñuño Martínez[/eluser]
I've revised all configuration files I know (php.ini, apache2.conf, CodeIgniter's config.php) and they have all debug options activated, but I still have a clean white page.

If the script doesn't have errors it renders the page correctly.

If I create a script with an error without using CodeIgniter, it returns the error information as it should be, so the blank page appears only using CodeIgniter.

We're using CI 1.7 on Xubuntu 10.04 + Apache. And we're desperated (4 days trying and can't fix it). Sad

[eluser]John_Betong_002[/eluser]

Are you able to get the "welcome_message.php" file to run?

Here are a two test you can try:

1. In your ./application/config/conf.php
$config['log_threshold'] = '4'; // reset_when_error_found

error_reporting(-1); // reset_when_error_found
ini_set('display_errors',1); // reset_when_error_found

2. check your $config['log_path'] and post your results

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Let's take CodeIgniter out of the equation, if you do a simple page like this

Code:
<?php
echo 'opps, probably should have closed off that single quote
?>

Do you get PHP error messages? If not, then you should contact your web host Ñuño. I know you've tried to enable errors on your own, but everything you're describing suggests that your host is disabling error reporting, contact them.

[eluser]michaelUFL[/eluser]
Over the last week I had a similar problem with CodeIgniter 1.7.2. In my case I was porting an existing app from one server to another. All source was being pulled from svn, so I was sure that the application config was exactly the same.

On the new server I only got a blank page. I turned on all of the error logging and changed the debug level ... nothing.

phpinfo() worked fine. The CodeIgniter welcome/sample which comes with 1.7.2 worked fine.

In my case the problem was not having the php-mysql rpm installed on CentOS.

Ensure that your installation has the php-mysql rpm (or equivalent) installed.

[eluser]Ñuño Martínez[/eluser]
Thanks everybody for the replies.

As I've said, the problem was only with CI. Without using CI it shows errors correctly

BTW we have fixed it. I'm not sure what was the problem (I'm the programmer, not the administrator) but there was a "PATH_INFO" configuration variable somewhere that was configured incorrectly. Now it's set to "QUERY_STRING" and seems to work correctly.

Thank-you.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB