Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Using Header - Main - Footer Template is getting wierd on IE

[eluser]barisv[/eluser]
Hi,

I am trying to write a admin page that its header and footer are same on all pages. So I decided to create a template to not to write (copy-paste) them all pages. Just the main page will be the dynamic one. I did it the way as below:

admin_template.php

Code:
<?php $this->load->view('includes/admin_header.php'); ?>

<?php $this->load->view($main_content); ?>

<?php $this->load->view('includes/admin_footer.php'); ?>

So I can call it from the function I wanted.

Code:
function index()
{
    $data = array(

'main_content' => 'referanslar',

);

$this->load->view('includes/admin_template',$data);
}

Now, the problem is, this way is breaking the style for all IE versions. The other browsers are working fine. Then I deleted the template and I put header, main and footer in one page , it works nice for also IE even if the both way produces the exactly same output when I looked at the source code.

What is the problem ? Thanks in advance for your help.

Screenshots of problem

IE Problem : http://i54.tinypic.com/qsqczb.jpg

This is what I wanted: http://i56.tinypic.com/54sv2s.jpg

[eluser]Piter[/eluser]
Hi,

A better solution would be to use layout, see:

http://codeigniter.com/wiki/layout_library/

[eluser]TWP Marketing[/eluser]
Barisv
Which version of CI are you using?
Is the path to your CSS files correct and the same in both cases?

[eluser]barisv[/eluser]
I am using 2.0 and I can say that all the things are same so I couldnt figure out the problem. Very interesting for me. I am looking at the layouts as Plter adviced.

Thanks

Without seeing your css code, it's hard to guess, but you may be using an attribute that microsoft has deemed unworthy of support %-P That's a problem relating to which version of IE you're using to test with. How are you centering your layout?

[eluser]barisv[/eluser]
Actually I think the problem is not about so much css, because when I gathered all pieces together with same css files, it also works for IEs. I am using IE Tester and all versions of it have same problem. Not only the centralization problem, also navigation bar's height is getting bigger. I am using margin:0 auto but I can also use text-align:center for body and text-align:left for container div. Maybe it helps but this is not only the problem. And I really want to know what causes this ? I am very curious about it (:

I don't see anything special in the layout library, but do post a reply if it works for you.
If it doesn't solve the problem, please post your CSS and view code.

[eluser]barisv[/eluser]
Layout class worked (: I have thought headache will continue. In addition to that its more flexible from my solution. dzięki Plter . but I want to know why my solution isnt working if anyone knows the answer

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
Like they said above you need to code a special .css file for each version of IE

IE does things different then all the other browsers!

Do a search in google on IE BUGS!

InsiteFX

[eluser]skunkbad[/eluser]
[quote author="InsiteFX" date="1301254408"]Like they said above you need to code a special .css file for each version of IE

IE does things different then all the other browsers!

Do a search in google on IE BUGS!

InsiteFX[/quote]

I don't use IE specific stylesheets anymore, and can achieve the same display regardless of browser, and without browser hacks that make the stylesheet not validate. I will say that YUI css reset has some hacks, and I do use the YUI css reset. I don't know if that means anything to OP. I'd never start another project without using it.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB