Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Memory usage

[eluser]JonoB[/eluser]
I know that this is a very opened ended question that falls into the category of "how long is a piece of string?"

For each page load, a couple of queries (some fairly complicated) get exectued, and it seems like approx 80 files are being included.

I am seeing around 7MB memory usage for each page...but I have nothing to benchmark this against. At what point do I start thinking 'uh-oh'?

[eluser]Twisted1919[/eluser]
I have apps with 30 MB memory usage and running without problems .
7MB is nothing, trust me .

[eluser]John_Betong_002[/eluser]
[quote author="JonoB" date="1301198670"]I know that this is a very opened ended question that falls into the category of "how long is a piece of string?"

For each page load, a couple of queries (some fairly complicated) get exectued, and it seems like approx 80 files are being included.

I am seeing around 7MB memory usage for each page...but I have nothing to benchmark this against. At what point do I start thinking 'uh-oh'?[/quote]

Can you supply a link to the site?

http://knd.ro/

I have tried loading the above link and the page times out even with Opera's "No images" option?

Have you tried using the Profiler option?

[eluser]Twisted1919[/eluser]
Hey John, knd.ro is one of my sites, not his Big Grin and it is down for some while, i don't use that domain name anymore .

[eluser]John_Betong_002[/eluser]
[quote author="Twisted1919" date="1301251363"]Hey John, knd.ro is one of my sites, not his Big Grin and it is down for some while, i don't use that domain name anymore .[/quote]

Whoops, sorry about that.

I have just introduce the Database and Output Cache and this time it works I am very pleased to say. I had a vast amount of problems with CI 1.70 caching. The site used to lock and it was not easy to remove.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB