Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Announcing Bonfire - A jumpstart for your web apps

[eluser]kilishan[/eluser]
I've been working for a bit to create a jumping off point for new Web Apps and it's finally to a point I can release it.

Much like BackendPro, it's not a CMS, but admin backend ready for you to start customizing. It's designed to provide an elegant solution to creating apps for developers with a UI that's good looking enough you won't be embarrassed to hand the site off to your clients. Smile

I still have a lot of ideas that I'd love to see implemented, but it's here to provide tools that we'd love to have available, but don't often have the time to build.

Current Features:

- Very flexible template/theme system, capable of Wordpress-like parent/child themes.
- Fully modular and built around HMVC
- 5 'contexts' ready for your code: Content, Appearance, Statistics, Settings and Developer Tools
- Database backup and maintenance interface
- Role-based access control
- Built-in users/auth system
- Simple email queue system
- 2-step installer
- Ready for Reactor's multiple-environment config files. (database settings already use it.)
- Migration-ready (using either raw SQL or Database Forge commands)
- Log view/maintenance

Planned features for the next release:

- Auto-updater for core
- Basic CRUD generation UI
- CRON task management

I would love to get everyone's take on it, and if anyone wanted to help out, great! Smile

I will be releasing modules, and providing an area where others can submit their addons, also, so we can build up one of the fastest ways to develop new apps for ourselves and our clients.

Download it at: https://github.com/ci-bonfire/Bonfire

And here's another screen showing off the 'Forensics Profiler' that's built in.

Oh, and in case you're familiar with my Ocular library... this includes the brand spanking new Ocular 3.0 - fully PHP5 Static class.

[eluser]ipsod[/eluser]
This looks awesome. I'm setting it up right now to play with it.

[eluser]Pschilly[/eluser]
Pretty sweet.

Well made.

Found a few issues however.

Error in the docs: Directs you to: www.yoursite.com/installer.php, should be to www.yoursite.com/install

Error in installer: Seems to not function 100%, In order for me to get it to install I had to input the DB settings manually into the config/database.php file... Not a huge deal for me nor should it be a big deal for any developer.

Otherwise, good stuff.

[quote author="Pschilly" date="1301508818"]Pretty sweet.

Well made.

Found a few issues however.

Error in the docs: Directs you to: www.yoursite.com/installer.php, should be to www.yoursite.com/install

Error in installer: Seems to not function 100%, In order for me to get it to install I had to input the DB settings manually into the config/database.php file... Not a huge deal for me nor should it be a big deal for any developer.

Otherwise, good stuff.[/quote]

Damn, you're right about the docs. I'll fix that up today. And as for the installer.... crap! Smile Thought I had that issue worked out. What error was it giving you?

[eluser]Davide Bellini[/eluser]
And the "Reload page" link in http://domain.ext/install point to installer.php

Cheers

[quote author="Davide Bellini" date="1301512169"]And the "Reload page" link in http://domain.ext/install point to installer.php

Cheers[/quote]

Fixed. Thanks for letting me know!

The error it was giving was that the database connection failed due to the wrong information. Standard CI error saying DB info is wrong.

[quote author="Pschilly" date="1301515180"]The error it was giving was that the database connection failed due to the wrong information. Standard CI error saying DB info is wrong.[/quote]

Strange. So, it didn't write the settings to the either file? What system are you running?

No it did write to the file which is the weird part... Just seems to have remembered old settings (none). When I reran the install it worked.

Are you caching things?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB