Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
A week for installing CI on IIS?

[eluser]mrahman[/eluser]
Hi. it is the sixth day trying to get CI working under IIS 5.1! I searched the forums for everything related to IIS. the best result i ever had was that it remains working for a few hours!!! i wonder how can the runtime's behaviour changes without i touch it?

I doubted that Zend IDE was the reason, because it changes the format of the file to make it readable. I switched to notepad (please tell me a link to download the IDE used in the video tutorials), no change so far. i always have to restore the original files of the directory CodeIgniter... ok, the information in the routes.php was never effective, no default controller was ever loaded by visiting codeigniter/index.php
Nothing is effective when changing the config.php file.

I tried debugging the index.php file, stepped into each statement, change every / in path$ to \\ , and finally restored the original files. to get them working.. not working.. working ... not..

At the best condition i saw, however, refreshing the page comes with a deffirent result. the standard 404 after refresh brings the perfect method execution, the second refresh brings the 404 back, and so on.

I just decided both getting wamp and posting a new helpme. the site will be hosted on IIS. I read some deffirences when running the same CI app under Apache and IIS.

[eluser]mrahman[/eluser]
(i'm the author)
guys you know what? apache is here now under windows. CI is running perfect. so the problem is IIS, not the mirror i broke last friday Smile
a week for IIS and one minute for Apache. i got it from here http://www.wampserver.com/en/
But we should consider handling IIS as well! i'm not sure now but maybe it's not iis itself! it can be the CGI dll for PHP.

[eluser]esra[/eluser]
As I understand it, the key to getting CI to work with IIS is to use one of the isapi_rewite solutions, allowing support for .htaccess. This is more of a IIS issue than a PHP or CI issue. You might find more help on a site where this issue comes up more frequently. I would advice doing a search on a site like joomla.com or mambo.com where those CMS applications are deployed on IIS more frequently (larger number of end users providing their own solutions).

[eluser]mrahman[/eluser]
thanks, it was helpful for sure.
I think is was better written in the user guide, at the installation page, under "IIS tips" or something. that could save days. what was there and confused me is the ultimate ease of installation (three steps). that was not true for IIS. we can't ignore it since PHP supported IIS long time ago, so the user guide should have!

[eluser]gunter[/eluser]
after changing index.php to index.php? in the config.php everything works perfectly - are the people saying...
ah, and changing the path_info too.. there are numerous posts about this topic!

[eluser]mrahman[/eluser]
no, not under regular PHP isapi. i worked all these solutions with strange results.

[eluser]llbbl[/eluser]
Linux > windows
Apache > IIS

Starting see a pattern here?

[eluser]vbnullchar[/eluser]
better switch to apache2 and eclipse ide

[eluser]ELRafael[/eluser]
gosh!!!

i had so, so, so much problems with PHP in IIS. A big (very big) ISP here in Brazil (who's in Spain maybe know, TERRA) uses IIS to run PHP. Garbage!!!

I only use IIS when i need to make a .NET application. Only in this case. Not just CI will make issues to you. PHP too!

[eluser]Code Arachn!d[/eluser]
I must have been the only person (well there are a few others here on the boards) that was actually semi successful getting CI running on windows/ISS server. It was by no means easy street but it works and is secure... thankfully it was only one site.

All my other sites are on LAMP setups and running along like a breeze.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB