Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Category, Subcategory and SubSubcategory (updated)

[eluser]Leonel Folmer[/eluser]
Hello everyone, I'm trying to find any examples of how to create category, subcategory and subsubcategory with Codeigniter like this:

Category
-Subcategory
-Subsubcategory

Clicking on subcategory goes to a page listing all subcategories of this category father;
Clicking on Subsubcategory goes to a page listing all Subsubcategory of this Subcategory father;

Anyone has an example with the model, controller and view to share?

[eluser]Glazz[/eluser]
Hello,

Try using the Nested Set Library http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/92540/

- G l a z z

Thanks Glazz, I'll take a look.

Not work that way, I'll try to explain better, I made ​​a mistake last time:

1º period 2º period
-1 Semester -1 Semester
-2 Semester -2 Semester

3º period 4º period
-1 Semester -1 Semester
-2 Semester -2 Semester

The content above will be listed in one view, the students view.

The back-end:
1 - Registered the period;
2 - The semester is registered and linked to the desired period;
3 - The disciplines is registered and linked to the desired period and semester.

So, in students view, when a student clicks in one semesterof one period a another view will be listing all the disciplines inside that semester in that period.

Then the student chooses a discipline that goes to another view listing the discipline content.

I don't not know if I was clear with that logic, if anyone knows of something similar done before, please let me know.

Sorry my poor english.

[eluser]skunkbad[/eluser]
Community Cart (Link in signature) has a product menu that if altered could do what you want it to do. It uses recursive function(s) on all categories pulled from the database. It has a way of highlighting or separating top level categories, and if you want you could make those separations appear in their own div. It shouldn't be that hard to isolate the code and make it work. I wrote it, so I know if I had to do what you are trying to do, I could do it. Sorry, but I don't really have time to help, but the free code should get you started.

Thanks for your time Skunkbad, I’ll take a look.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB