Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
I'd really like to get PHPUnit working with CI

[eluser]P.T.[/eluser]
Yeah i am curious too Smile

[eluser]vendiddy[/eluser]
I am also interested in using PHPUnit in my project. Smile

[eluser]kenjis[/eluser]
Hi guys,

CIUnit worked and passed all sample tests within with CodeIgniter 2.0.

https://bitbucket.org/kenjis/my-ciunit

[eluser]P.T.[/eluser]
Seems like it can't handle CSRF protection. He can't find the function csrf_verify().

And I am getting errors on my autoloaded models:
Quote:[CIUnit] PHP Error: Notice - Undefined property: Welcome::$config_model File Path: core/MY_Controller.php (line: 40)
PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function get_config() on a non-object in /application/core/MY_Controller.php on line 40

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_config() on a non-object in /application/core/MY_Controller.php on line 40

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
[quote author="CarloGl" date="1304476108"]Hi Zair,
I'm not using FooStack. I plug in PHPUnit directly.
The way I go about this is by providing an alternative entry point that uses the same bootstrapping sequence provided by core/CodeIgniter.php, but stops before routing kicks in.

This requires:
- extracting the variable definitions in the index page into a config/settings.php file
- providing a bootstrap.php file included in test classes

I also use a sub class of PHPUnit_Framework_TestCase ( CITestCaseExtension ) to provide some basic common functionality to the test classes, including some rudimentary functions to set up fixtures.

The test classes are organized in an application/tests directory that mirrors the controllers' so that by pointing the phpunit script to that directory all the tests wherein are run together.

[/quote]

I was able to use PHPUnit with CI 2.0 using something like that. I don't use fixtures but mocks. It works as I want.

Uncompress the attached files in the application directory and should work (code is quite dirty, I finished it today :-P )

[eluser]kenjis[/eluser]
[quote author="P.T." date="1311085509"]
And I am getting errors on my autoloaded models:
Quote:[CIUnit] PHP Error: Notice - Undefined property: Welcome::$config_model File Path: core/MY_Controller.php (line: 40)
PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function get_config() on a non-object in /application/core/MY_Controller.php on line 40

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_config() on a non-object in /application/core/MY_Controller.php on line 40
[/quote]

I commited the fix.
https://bitbucket.org/kenjis/my-ciunit/c...8c637ad9b9

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Had to register just to say thanks for this Kenji Smile So far so good on some minimal tests

[eluser]P.T.[/eluser]
MY_Controller is giving me a headache. It seems that the autoloaded classes are not available in MY_Controller.
Even when I a this-load->model() just before i use the model, the model seems to be null. So I am unable to test my controllers Sad

[eluser]kenjis[/eluser]
[quote author="P.T." date="1311277232"]MY_Controller is giving me a headache. It seems that the autoloaded classes are not available in MY_Controller.
Even when I a this-load->model() just before i use the model, the model seems to be null. So I am unable to test my controllers Sad[/quote]

I can't reproduce the error.
Autoloading model in MY_Controller works fine.

[eluser]belial.seed[/eluser]
Hi i´m new to TDD, can you point me towards some information on how to use CIUnit, thanks in advance.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB