Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter email library problem in Yahoo

[eluser]Ali Fattahi[/eluser]
[quote author="pickupman" date="1305410100"]Glad you are on the right track. Several ISPs allow you to send if you have an email address setup. You would use the same settings for an email client (email address, password, mail server).

Example:
Code:
$config['smtp_host'] = 'mail.myisp.com';
$config['smtp_user'] = '[email protected]';
$config['smtp_pass'] = 'password';
$config['smpt_port'] = '25';
$config['protocol']  = 'smtp';

If you don't have an email address setup with your ISP, and use gmail, you can send via smtp with your gmail account.
Code:
$config['protocol']  = 'smtp';
$config['smtp_host'] = 'ssl://smtp.googlemail.com';
$config['smtp_port'] = '465';
$config['smtp_timeout'] = '30';
$config['smtp_user'] = '[email protected]';
$config['smtp_pass'] = 'password';
$config['charset']  = 'utf-8';
$config['newline']  = "\r\n";

I use both locally on Windows using Wamp.[/quote]

WoW , Thanksss a looooottt :-x
i used gmail smtp and it working very fast and good , now yahoo can receives HTML mails whithout any problem
thanks so much for your helps , it was a great help to me , Thanks again

[eluser]pickupman[/eluser]
Great. I guessed that could been a lot easier to begin with.

[eluser]estevo[/eluser]
Hi All,
I am not sure if anyone has used SuPHP with codeigniter. After 1.5 days we found out that there seems to be a bug in the email library.

We've created a simple form that sends out HTML email and it works. However when we tried to send out the email in HTML format, the email gets stucked i.e. not sent out at all.

At first we thought it was an issue with Flexi Auth email activation but after trial and error we found that it just does not seem to work with CI. We do have two other servers where the html email works without any problems.
$config['protocol'] = 'xxx';
$config['host'] = 'smtp';
$config['user'] = 'xxx';
$config['password'] = 'xxx';
$config['port'] = '25';
$config['charset'] = 'iso-8859-1';
$config['newline'] = '\r\n';
$config['mailtype'] = 'text';
$config['wordwrap'] = TRUE;
$this->email->initialize($config);

We've tried with standard settings as well as smtp. Does anyone have a solution or has encountered this before?

Thank you.
Best regards
Ashar

[eluser]pickupman[/eluser]
Quote:We’ve tried with standard settings as well as smtp. Does anyone have a solution or has encountered this before?

It's hard to guess based on our smtp and isp. As I had mentioned 2 years ago, my isp didn't let me send via smtp. I had to use gmail in order to send messages. As to the format being the issue, is the message body getting created when trying HTML format? Maybe there is an error in your body that is causing errors. Perhaps and encoding issue? Have you tried another character set?

[eluser]jairoh_[/eluser]
did u check the spams sir?

[eluser]estevo[/eluser]
My two cents worth.

Its worth to try and use the debugger so that we could see what exactly is going on when we do not get the email. In most situation is that the mail settings (sendmail, smtp) etc is not compatible. If you have different servers to test on then you could clearly (perhaps quickly) find out the cause Smile

cheers
Ashar

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB