Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Brand new to Code Igniter!

[eluser]cwscribner[/eluser]
Hi all.

I'm a first timer with Code Igniter. Just downloaded and installed the latest version. I guess the point of this post is to mainly introduce myself and get some input on where I should start.

About Me: I'm 23, engaged, and a father of a four year old girl. I've been in the IT field since 2006 doing everything from web design and programming, to sysadmin and networking. I'm interested in everything IT/IS related, cars, and weight lifting.

Seeking Advice: So I'm not really sure where to start with CI. In the upcoming weeks, I'd like to integrate it into my job to speed up my code development. At the moment, all of my programming is from scratch per my boss' request but he's open to the idea of a framework. My immediate thought is that I should see what tasks I need to accomplish that I'm doing with my from-scratch code and replicate it in CI. However, I have some semi-advanced stuff happening with my non-CI code so I'm wondering if there is a mini project I should take on first to get through the learning curve. Any suggestions?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB