Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Easy-to-use OpenID and/or OAuth library

[eluser]aL3xa[/eluser]
I'm about to develop a webapp and I'd like to provide a feature of logging in with OpenID/OAuth enabled accounts. I found several plugins: OpenID, a3m, ExtID, EasyOpenID, etc. but not a single one is easy to use, nor customisable. Documentation for a3m is poor, ExtID seems OK, but it's not customisable and IMHO needs some tweaking, OpenID is too cumbersome to implement.

How come that there isn't a single decent, easy-to-use plugin for OpenID/OAuth for CodeIgniter? Am I missing something crucial here?

Suggestions are welcome!

[eluser]regal2157[/eluser]
a3m is simple to use. you just got to do some digging. The documentation for it doesn't exist.. so I wouldn't really call it poor. It's tough. But if you open /modules/account/config, you'll see the basics for facebook and twitter, which just store your app id info. I haven't tried logging in via other methods. It is customizable.

[eluser]Joel Verhagen[/eluser]
I literally just finished implementing OpenID with LightOpenID. I can't post links yet, but it's the first Google result. It's very light, but the code is small enough that you can easily customize it.

For example, I will be adding capabilities for Google and Yahoo's OAuth + OpenID piggybacking.

[eluser]eshaa83[/eluser]
yes you are saying true...
open id is easy to use then other id's......

[eluser]aL3xa[/eluser]
[quote author="regal2157" date="1306554014"]a3m is simple to use. you just got to do some digging. The documentation for it doesn't exist.. so I wouldn't really call it poor. It's tough. But if you open /modules/account/config, you'll see the basics for facebook and twitter, which just store your app id info. I haven't tried logging in via other methods. It is customizable.[/quote]

I apologise, a3m IS simple and straightforward once you dig in config files. A huge time-saver! Anyway, I don't understand the licensing part. On the Google Code page it says: MIT. In the footer it says:
Quote:Copyright © 2011 ShowNearby. All rights reservered.

I'd like to tweak the UI (change CSS, add some AJAX), so I reckon that I cannot remove © notice. I'm probably asking something trivial, since I'm braindead and it's 2:30AM here. =/

Long story short, yes, I want a3m. But what am I allowed to change in it's UI? O_o

[eluser]regal2157[/eluser]
I honestly haven't looked into that. I have played with a3m but never fully implemented it into any projects. I highly doubt there is anything stopping you from changing the UI.. Heck, changing the UI is what makes it yours, is it not Wink

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I have added Social Login for WordPress and It provides secure service(OAuth).:-)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB