Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
403 on application/views/welcome_message.php and application/controllers/welcome.php

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
New installation -- and the "Welcome to CodeIgniter!" page gives me links to welcome_message.php and application/controllers/welcome.php.

BUT .... I get 403 (access forbidden) errors trying to access these pages.

In my file manager, I found security was 644 - so I changed to 755 - but still no luck!

NB: Not sure if CodeIgnite is the package I'm looking for, but being totally unable to access the pages I'm supposed to change isn't a good omen.

Any thoughts anyone?

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
And what operating system is this running on?

Also this has nothing to do with CodeIgniter it is a server error you have something set wrong in the server!

Make sure that you did set the base_url correct in application/config/config.php

InsiteFX

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi,

The installation was on a Linux server, using Installatron from cPanel.

In other words, the installation was automated (once having chosen a directory to install into) and everything should afterwards just "work". Apparently not.

Should the files in the application/views/ and application/controllers/ directories have authority 644? Or 755?

Many thanks...

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
Ok!

1) check your CI index.php file the system and application paths must be set to were CI is installed.
2) Make sure your application/config/config.php base_url is pointing to the right path, you tell this by
going to your web site and copy the url for the base_url.

Index.php should be set to 644

You only need 755 if you need to write to the files.

InsiteFX

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB