Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter stopped rendering, while it doesn't execute any non-standard code

[eluser]Fabdrol[/eluser]
Hi guys,

I've got a very unsettling problem: my CI 2.0.2 website isn't rendering anymore. It's not doing anything else but rendering some views (which it did great, before). Some how, one controller after another stopped working on my live server.

Strangely enough, my local version just works normally.

The behaviour started when I tried to use Elliot Haughin's Twitter library, which I've utilized successfully before, but this time it stalled and broke my CI... I've disabled the library again, but it still doesn't work!

Any ideas?

Fabian

[eluser]Fabdrol[/eluser]
It suddenly works again.
I'm not sure what the problem was, but it keeps occuring when I try to install the Twitter library, after deleting the Twitter files it keeps broken for a while, and after half an hour or so it starts to work again. It baffles me!

[eluser]LuckyFella73[/eluser]
Hi Fabian,

the only thing I can imaging (30 minutes after deleting everything works again)
is caching. Or maybe Voodoo Wink

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
When running on a live host it can take between 1/2 hour to an hour for their servers to update information.
This is why you do not see any changes right away.

As LuckyFella73 stated it the way the hosting provider has their caching setup.

InsiteFX

[eluser]Fabdrol[/eluser]
InsiteFX, I don't know what kind of hosting provider you use, but my server (is virtual private, by the way, so I've set up the webserver and PHP my self) hasn't got that limitation.

Anyway, there's no caching enabled, it's got to do something with that code. I'm sure I'll find out, thanks for your comments anyway ;-)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB