Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Use CodeIgniter in ubuntu very efficient Manner

[eluser]romeomustdie[/eluser]
I am a linux Programmer , I believe Linux is a best os .so I am sharing the power of CI in linux .

Total Environment :

Step 1: [install apache]
sudo apt-get install apache2

Step 2: [install php]
sudo apt-get install libapache2-mod-php5

Step 3: [restart apache]
sudo service apache2 restart

step 4: [you can enable any site any moment ]

To create a new site:

Copy the default website as a starting point. sudo cp /etc/apache2/sites-available/default /etc/apache2/sites-available/mysite

Edit the new configuration file in a text editor "sudo nano" on the command line or "gksudo gedit", for example: gksudo gedit /etc/apache2/sites-available/mysite

Change the DocumentRoot to point to the new location. For example, /home/user/public_html/

Change the Directory directive, replace <Directory /var/www/> to <Directory /home/user/public_html/>

You can also set separate logs for each site. To do this, change the ErrorLog and CustomLog directives. This is optional, but handy if you have many sites
* Save the file

Now Do the Following :

[ sudo a2dissite default && sudo a2ensite mysite ]

here mysite is the new site in your new site location .

Step 5:Just Make sure that the directory where you want to put Codeigniter is writable otherwise apache cant read that.

do the following :

sudo chmod -R 777 /home/user/public_html/

Step 6: [install MySQl and PhpMyAdmin]

1. sudo apt-get install mysql-server libapache2-mod-auth-mysql php5-mysql
2. sudo apt-get install subversion
3. now just go to the directory where you set the newsite that is /home/user/public_html
by using cd command
now you get something in your command prompt

~/public_html$

4.and type

sudo apt-get install svn checkout https://phpmyadmin.svn.sourceforge.net/s...phpMyAdmin phpMyAdmin

5.now goto localhost and type /phpMyAdmin you will get phpmyadmin window.

Final Step:

Just copy the Ci Folder that you have downloaded from http://codeigniter.com put into /home/user/public_html

and

in your command prompt put these

sudo gedit .

gedit is a best editor for any programming in linux .

just goto the tool bar of gedit and find View and activate sidepane and in the left-bottom of
gedit activate file browser. and using file browser goto the /home/user/public_html/

and you get

CI
-/application
-/System
-index.php
-license.txt
-/userguide

now all your Environment is set for CI .

Now Just feel the power of linux and CI.

[eluser]toopay[/eluser]
Since the default, php5 bundle for Ubuntu ussually didnt contain some of popular extension, you also need to install GD, mbstring, bz2, phar, odbc, xmlrpc and xmlwriter (maybe mongo and curl too) as add-on extension then set your php.ini properly.

[eluser]romeomustdie[/eluser]
Thanks for your feedback ,it really enhance my knowledge but i have checked that
if you follow my installation step your php.ini has these GD, mbstring, bz2, phar, and xmlwriter .

but you dont have these odbc, xmlrpc .

but in ubantu you can easily install it by

sudo apt-get install php5-odbc
sudo apt-get install php5-xmlrpc

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB