Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Controller caching stalling page load?

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
This is just for my curiosity, in practice I have something else in place.

Does CodeIgniter have some kind of controller caching? I couldn't come up with something that it might be called to properly look for documentation. Here is the basics of an easy way to duplicate it.

Create a controller/function combo so that isn't your problem.
In the function add something that'll take a couple minutes to complete (for sleep loops work well) and run that function: index.php?/job/run

Now while that is running go edit the function and take out the sleeping looping bits. Open a new tab/window and attempt to run that function: index.php?/job/run

The first process will take the needed time to complete and the second process will ONLY complete after the first one even though it shouldn't take that long. It does seem like the second process is waiting to see if the first process is completed and cached.

[eluser]Eric Barnes[/eluser]
I actually think that may be a browser issue. Try the same test but use two different ones.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I ran a few tests in Chrome and Firefox, even checked the results using straight PHP without CodeIgniter. As near as I could tell it is attempting to cache by default based on the URL.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB