Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
ci, status of developement

[eluser]m9dfukc[/eluser]
hi all,

first things first - i have to say that i really love codeigniter. it forced me (some time ago) to code clean php and i'v learned a lot about how to keep code structured.

thats also why i am interested in whats happening in the dark - whats the actual development status of ci. would be really interesting to know whats going on especially whith the fact in mind that there is ci little brother called kohana (which has nice features but a very poor doc until now).

so whats the future of the lovely codeigniter - will be there a activerecord class or a nicer session class or ... or ... or php5 (i know that will not come that in the near future for several reasons)

so hope to hear some new and nice stuff Smile

best andreas

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
Still actively developed, daily.

http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/60746/

[eluser]m9dfukc[/eluser]
yeah already know this thread, but last replay was 1 month ago - so some news would be nice. and yeah probably i should look in the svn Smile

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
Yeah, the SVN sees an update every few days. Right now I know a lot of work is going into the next version of EE - I'm sure a lot of the EllisLabs team is working on that. Once that is released, we should see some pretty exciting updates coming to CodeIgniter.

[eluser]m9dfukc[/eluser]
yeah nice to hear, really nice ..... happy happy

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Michael (as usual) is bang on. We're working hard, and have certainly not stagnated Wink

I tried to write a bit more in another thread if you're interested.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB