Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
What is needed in every file?

[eluser]XstreamINsanity[/eluser]
I do apologize if I have this in the wrong part of the forum, but this was the first place I could think to post this.

I'm just getting started in PHP development but have been coding VB.Net and C#.Net for almost 5 years now. It was mostly desktop/server development, but now I'm working on web development and wanted to learn PHP. A possible dream job said that they use CI's framework so I wanted to look around and try it out. My issue is that I'm not sure what needs to be in each file for me to be able to use the framework. For instance, when I downloaded CI, it came with an index page. In there I see that they define $system_path and $application_path, etc. However, I'm not sure if this is something that has to be defined in every page.

I've messed around with plain PHP and really started to like it. I didn't create anything spectacular, just what would be the start of a forum page. When I did it I had a php file that called functions from other php files and I had a variable file as well. However, to convert those files to use CI as well, what needs to be done?

I'm sorry if this is incoherent, new language and new type of development for me, so I'm not sure what is what yet. Thanks for all the help.

[eluser]nuwanda[/eluser]
Read the user guide.

It's one of the best on the web.

[eluser]XstreamINsanity[/eluser]
Yeah, I'm getting the hang of it now. I went to delete the thread but it won't let me. Smile Now I'm just trying to come up with the design I want and make it happen. Thanks.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB