Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI 2.0 Extensions to start with ( help the newbie :) )

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi,

I'm new to CodeIgniter, already got the basics, which are clear and genrally superbly explained, but... I have trouble choosing right extensions to properly start working with the framework. (I've decided to use CI for a major project in my company so i want to be as well prepared as it is possible)

I've been searching the forums to find suitable extensions, but since CI 2.0 was released in January and there must have been some minor and major changes, all posts regarding CI 1.7 seem to be invalid... Therefore I have some questions for you:

1) About what I need:

What libraries would you recommend to handle authentication/authorization? (nothing over the top but it would be nice to have both in 1 lib)

What is the best way to handle global data in CI?

2) About about I might need but don't realize it: Wink

What extenions should I consider using at the beginning?

I've found some nice topics which suggest using extensions such as Base controller, Base Model for better CRUD but it was all regarding previous version of CI. Of course most of the extensions are specialized, but I get the feeling there are some that you always use...

I think, it would be a nice topic for all CI beginners.

Best regards,
pi_wo

[eluser]Glyn[/eluser]
I have written a 3 part blog post about setting up codeigniter that you might find interesting.
It uses Base Models and Controllers that makes development much easier.

http://glynrob.com/php/codeigniter-setup-part-1/

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB