Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
FreakAuth light and Matchbox

[eluser]Grahack[/eluser]
Some people here had problems trying to modify FAL for it to work with Matchbox, let's talk about this here...
What are the problems?

[eluser]medium_kreation[/eluser]
FAL is bit complex to be implemented it has too many files.. it should be summarised to the requirements.

[eluser]vlad22[/eluser]
[quote author="Grahack" date="1196947931"]Some people here had problems trying to modify FAL for it to work with Matchbox, let's talk about this here...
What are the problems?[/quote]

well, the obvious...it doesn't work, I mean, after hackin around you should be able to make it work...however that's not the solution I'm lookin for....

my ultimate goal is to seamlessly integrate these two into framework, e.g. I want them to be a part of my standard framework while KEEPING the original design and development approach as in standalone CI, meaning that I want the stuff MB/FAL adds to be easy to use as any of the standard components/libs...

[eluser]Grahack[/eluser]
@kreation: what do you mean by "requirements"
@all I'd like to help, I need some precise info: what are the problems you encounter? what breaks?

[eluser]vlad22[/eluser]
above said....just gives me a crazy idea to completeley rewrite FAL in a manner that it would appear as CI's std component, such as Session ... THEN it'll be a promise land Smile

maybe utilize the CI's plugin facility, just like captcha_pi or js_calendar...

can be done all in one file....the key thought behind this is keep shit simple™ Smile

regarding the issues
i've ended up with error message: Unable to load model : usertemp....looks like it has something to do with the MY_Loader matchbox adds into the process, MB can't handle the subdir properly...

[eluser]Grahack[/eluser]
SIMPLE: you'd like to have FAL in one file? that what I read?

USERTEMP: Ok, so this problem is quite easy: move usertemp model beside other models.

What else?

[eluser]vlad22[/eluser]
after moving the model, the whole thing is still broken, CSS's not loaded properly...calls ending up unfinished etc...

by one file I mean to create an absolutely necessary subset of methods and classes only to perform security tasks, eg. check roles, register users, retrieve passes, set session etc ...

all the other stuff, such as templates, administration interface etc... should go into some sort of "heavy-duty" pack Smile

another idea, when all comes prepackaged (templates, admin interface etc...) is nice, however imho should be optional, the thing developer needs is UML data model design (just like the ones coming out of RAD Smile) ), db scripts and a clean api...

I used to work as a j2ee architect, and I've experienced it kinda comes down to such package in the end....

[eluser]esra[/eluser]
It has been a while since I looked at FAL. As I recall, FAL includes both libraries and a sample Auth example. I believe that one of these libraries needs to reside in application/libraries/. The confusion might involve what library files need to be stored in application/libraries/ for sharing across Matchbox modules and which library files belong in modules/fal/libraries/ in order to implement the sample code as a module.

As a starting point, did anyone try to use the full Matchbox file system to encapsulate all of the example application files? That is something like this:

modules/fal/config/
modules/fal/controllers/
modules/fal/helpers/
modules/fal/language/
modules/fal/libraries/
modules/fal/models/
modules/fal/plugins/
modules/fal/views/

[eluser]esra[/eluser]
[quote author="vlad22" date="1196951765"]after moving the model, the whole thing is still broken, CSS's not loaded properly...calls ending up unfinished etc...

by one file I mean to create an absolutely necessary subset of methods and classes only to perform security tasks, eg. check roles, register users, retrieve passes, set session etc ...

all the other stuff, such as templates, administration interface etc... should go into some sort of "heavy-duty" pack Smile

another idea, when all comes prepackaged (templates, admin interface etc...) is nice, however imho should be optional, the thing developer needs is UML data model design (just like the ones coming out of RAD Smile) ), db scripts and a clean api...

I used to work as a j2ee architect, and I've experienced it kinda comes down to such package in the end....[/quote]

Vlad... are you commenting on FreakAuth Lite as it exists or about any problems associated with implementing it as a module or multiple modules for the Matchbox extensions to CodeIgniter?

EDIT: reread the thread and answered the above question.

[eluser]vlad22[/eluser]
esra
well kinda both Smile)))

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB