Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
ajax & templating issue

[eluser]stoefln[/eluser]
[quote author="beemr" date="1217455818"](CI will be using jQuery in 2.0)[/quote]
where do you get this information from?

[eluser]Randy Casburn[/eluser]
[quote author="stoefln" date="1217456373"][quote author="beemr" date="1217455818"](CI will be using jQuery in 2.0)[/quote]
where do you get this information from?[/quote]

Well known fact. And scary for some of us because that's all the information we have.

I'm an ExtJS user. So this discussion is quite different for me. When jQuery comes on board I'm afraid I'll have to unscrew a bunch of CI just to develop apps any more...

but no one knows because only the insiders know anything.

Randy

[eluser]Randy Casburn[/eluser]
[quote author="stoefln" date="1217456237"] the only disadvantage is that the hole site has to be rendered and the whole bunch of html has to be transfered[/quote]

And to me personally -- this just makes no sense.

You should have the information you need to discover that you don't have to have 10,000 view partials, you don't have to have 100 controllers, you don't have to rebuild all of your html (if you don't want to), and as beemr points out, if you want to turn very efficient PHP into slow JAVA and triple parse all your stuff with XSLT style sheets and do a bunch of XML brew haha...you can do that too! %-P ( jk there beemr - just havin' fun )

Randy

[eluser]stoefln[/eluser]
[quote author="Randy Casburn" date="1217459472"][quote author="stoefln" date="1217456237"] the only disadvantage is that the hole site has to be rendered and the whole bunch of html has to be transfered[/quote]

And to me personally -- this just makes no sense.

You should have the information you need to discover that you don't have to have 10,000 view partials, you don't have to have 100 controllers, you don't have to rebuild all of your html (if you don't want to), and as beemr points out, if you want to turn very efficient PHP into slow JAVA and triple parse all your stuff with XSLT style sheets and do a bunch of XML brew haha...you can do that too! %-P ( jk there beemr - just havin' fun )

Randy[/quote]

yeah its surely not the 100% clean solution, but for my site it would be the best suiting one.
i dont want to build DOM nodes by myself at the client, thats additional work, and i m trying to minimize work for additional ajax functionality...

[eluser]beemr[/eluser]
[quote author="Randy Casburn" date="1217457455"]I'm an ExtJS user. So this discussion is quite different for me. When jQuery comes on board I'm afraid I'll have to unscrew a bunch of CI just to develop apps any more...[/quote]

ExtJS is compatible with jQuery. I think they have very little overlap, anyhoo. Ext is focused on feature-complete widgets, jQuery on DOM manipulation. jQueryUI might be a competitor to Ext

[eluser]beemr[/eluser]
[quote author="stoefln" date="1217460744"]i dont want to build DOM nodes by myself at the client, thats additional work, and i m trying to minimize work for additional ajax functionality...[/quote]

May not be as difficult as you might think. Consider an error message served by the validation class where <p class="error">

Code:
$("p.error")
is all you would need to isolate the error message. In jQuery, that is.

[eluser]stoefln[/eluser]
[quote author="beemr" date="1217499582"][quote author="stoefln" date="1217460744"]i dont want to build DOM nodes by myself at the client, thats additional work, and i m trying to minimize work for additional ajax functionality...[/quote]

May not be as difficult as you might think. Consider an error message served by the validation class where <p class="error">

Code:
$("p.error")
is all you would need to isolate the error message. In jQuery, that is.[/quote]

i know prototype and this stuff. its not the point that DOM manipulation is easy nowadays. the point is that i have to generate HTML from two sides, therefore i have to consider a bunch of edits in several files (html-templates and javascript methods) in case the layout has to be changed. thats not the solution i m searching for.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB