Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
InkType Alpha 2008.01.13.3 Available for Download

[eluser]Developer13[/eluser]
InkType Alpha 2008.01.13.3 is ready for download!

http://www.developer13.com/blog/page/inktype

Please let me know your thoughts -- and remember... this is an alpha release. My goal here is to create a top-notch CI-powered blogging platform that ranks right up there with Wordpress (or at least close to), so comments, suggestions, questions or ideas are all welcome!

----------------------------------------
InkType Alpha 2008.01.13.3 Changelog:
# RSS feed and Mozilla Live Bookmark support has been added
# The post author will be emailed when a comment has been posted to their post
# CAPTCHA support has been added to comments
# inktype_helper has been added to simplify output of key elements in template files.
# The following functions are available from the inktype_helper file:
* inktype_post_title
* inktype_post_meta
* inktype_post_content
* inktype_page_title
* inktype_page_content
* inktype_open_search_form
* inktype_blogroll_link
* inktype_category_link
* These helper functions can be seen in action in the andreas08 and andreas02 template files. The purpose is to simplify template creation so the template creator doesn't have to use more complicated CI syntax if they don't want to.

# The 'Allow Comments' setting in the Administration Panel now works
# The page headings in the Administration Panel now correctly reflect whether various records are being added as new or edited.

InkType Alpha 2007.12.23.0 Changelog:

- Added basic visitor statistic tracking
- Added basic file download statistic tracking
- Added 'Excerpt' property to posts to enable 'Continue Reading...'
- Fixed minor annoyance in page navigation display

InkType alpha01.1 Changelog:

- Corrected flaw that allowed anybody to bypass main admin controller and get into any other admin level controllers
- Fixed login bug that hung application when incorrect username / password combination was used (Bug Reported by Thoer)
- Default Category can now be assigned (Suggested by BoltClock)
- Assigning default category to new posts can be turned on / off in Settings (Suggested by BoltClock)
- Post statuses can be changed in main Posts list now instead of having to edit the post to change the status (Suggested by Boltclock)
- Corrected password issue when editing user accounts (Bug Reported by BoltClock)

[eluser]CI Lee[/eluser]
Wohooo! Congrats Mister!

*Checking it out now.....

-Lee

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
Awesome! Downloading right now.

[eluser]fredwu[/eluser]
Sweet, it's play time ladies! Big Grin

[eluser]Thoer[/eluser]
Do you want bugreports here or on your website? Smile

Trying to login with a wrong password, xdebug dies saying:
Fatal error: Maximum function nesting level of '100' reached, aborting! in [webfolder]\inktype\system\database\drivers\mysql\mysql_driver.php on line 225

In the call stack there's about 80 admin->login( ) calls with location ..\admin.php:83

Hope this helps Wink

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
Thanks D13. Looks great already.

I confirm the above login error.

[eluser]Thoer[/eluser]
Templates die in php4 because the argument of yesno function contains the expected datatype, in php5 it just died.

Also, I'm not a native English and therefore I usually need translations of opensource software. Using a function like your yesorno makes it a lot harder so I suggest you to keep that in mind.

Other than that, I love it so much that I'm already positive I'll use this software on a brand new website that I want to launch in January. Wink

[eluser]Thoer[/eluser]
Oh, the first thing I did was getting rid of the tinymce you shipped with inktyp, so Eclipse would stop whining about it. I'm glad to say the new version of tinymce works fine with inktype! Smile

[eluser]easylancer[/eluser]
I must say this is a very nice simple application, it has been something i was going to make aswell but now i guess i might not need to.

[eluser]BoltClock[/eluser]
I already have a few suggestions, many of which are probably because of how used to WordPress I am. I've also spotted some of many problems, but as you said, InkType's just an alpha now.

Suggestions:

- WordPress lets me designate a default category so if I don't choose any categories when writing a post, it will pick my default category instead. I'd love to see InkType implement this but also make it optional as a default category is compulsory in WordPress.

- At Manage Posts, it would be really nice to have a Publish link under Actions for drafts, so I don't have to choose Edit, pick the Published status and submit the form.

- Not a suggestion for InkType itself, but perhaps we should start a mini design contest here at CI among ourselves and see which theme ends up as InkType's default theme! Originality would make InkType stand out a little Smile

Issues (just some of them):

- Right now, the blog description is hardcoded in the <meta /> tag for both themes. It should be using the description set by the user instead.

- When editing a blogroll link, the header should say Edit Link instead of Create Link. Likewise for categories, users et al.

- Pagination is a little off when there are no items: Page 1 of 0

- Since I'm using it right now... Firefox 3.0b1 slides sub-navigation links (Posts, Pages, Categories etc) about randomly when I click a link. I don't know about other browsers.

- OK, a major, major, MAJOR blocker here. When editing my own user account, the password hash is displayed. When I change my password, the new password doesn't seem to get hashed at all and stored in the DB table raw. And that... well I don't need to get started.

- Most if not all of the PHP files (models and controllers and a lot of others) are delimited by short open tags.

I like InkType. I really do. Cheers on your first alpha release! Big Grin

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB