Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Basic overview of CodeIgniter?

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Regarding basic User Experience of the CodeIgniter website...

A friend posted CodeIgniter to Twitter, claiming it was awesome. So, I visited the site for the first time and, after looking around for about 3 minutes, decided there is no basic overview of CodeIgniter's features -- no introduction paragraph on the first page or a quick list of basic concepts, only a sort of sales-pitch blurb (it's fast, it's flexible, etc.) If my friend was not so excited about this software, I would have assumed this was just another fly-by-night framework contender, soon to be forgotten and not worth taking the time to learn.

Now I know what an application development framework is...but I still want to know what is is, and what it's not in twenty seconds or less. It seems this software could also be very useful for the thousands out there that are supposedly going to be learning to code this year (there seems to be a huge social push happening for it lately, have you noticed?).

So,
- Does this introductory paragraph exist?
- If not, someone should write one! (Not me)

I would like to see tools that are great (like I hear this one is) reach a wider audience and become even more successful! With all respect, Justin

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB