Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
temp files, sphinx search, couch db and ajax

[eluser]USCTrojans[/eluser]
Hello,
Now that I've got the basics of Codeigniter down and can at least do what I need to with it, I am trying to move onto the next phase of my site. I'm going to be implementing a search engine (sphinx) to work with my couchdb. In the couchdb, I'm going to be storing json documents with links, text etc. I want to grab an array of information from sql and pass this to sphinx. I then want sphinx to output the json information to a temporary file so that my web applications can access this live information with ajax. I'm going to use LazyLoad (a jquery plugin used to load items based on how far from focus on the webpage they are...its great!) to grab the items (it will be a list of maybe 50 or so items) from the temp file and as each item is sent to the browser it will be deleted. Then there would be several functions to repopulate and update this temporary file by rerunning the script and having it simply overwrite what is left. I hope this is not too hard to follow, but I'm looking for opinions on whether you guys think this is a good practice to be doing or if there is something else that I could possibly look into to help save resources down the road. Any advice/personal experience in any of this would be greatly appreciated.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB