Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
What is it called when you post something and it displays it instantly?

[eluser]vtx220[/eluser]
Hi, I wanted to know how to create posts that show up instantly instead of going to a different page upon submit so I was wondering if anyone knew what this process was called and what would be used for it. I'll be happy to learn how to do it on my own, but I can't seem to figure out how to search for explanations for this.

To clarify what I'm saying let's pretend you click on quick reply and post your response, but instead of going to another page, it just shows up "live" or "faux-live" while disabling the reply field.

Thanks =)

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
That'll be AJAX you're thinking of. Look at jQuery.

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
Javascript using ajax is the only way to do that.

[eluser]vtx220[/eluser]
Thanks, coincidentally just now, I had found something that is probably looking for. Someone had mentioned "jQuery’s load method" and while I may not know much about it, I think that's what I'll need to research. It's annoying having to go one place to the next just to piece some information together but that's how it is with most things these days. I'm just glad some of the information is available (even though most of it 404's). It's something that I really want to learn so I'll be happy if I use the entire day just for it, because the reward will be great Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB