Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Javascript class worth it?

[eluser]A_funs[/eluser]
Is using the javascript/jquery class really worth it? I just think it might be easier to go at it in the standard ways. Any real advantage to doing things this way? Opinions?

[eluser]mast3rpyr0[/eluser]
Do you mean CPU wise? Network? Easy of use? It took me 100ms in total to load jquery and jqueryUI, and both of those were in parallel with all other resources, so they werent taking extra time to load. Personally I like the look of jquery as opposed to straight javascript, it feels much cleaner. And when it comes to animating things there is no question that it is much better than standard javascript.

[eluser]A_funs[/eluser]
I just wonder if it is really worth using the functions in CI's built in class, in terms of development and performace, rather than manually building them in if I were not using a framework

[eluser]mast3rpyr0[/eluser]
Oh, I have never used the CI jquery class. I had no idea it was there lol. To me it seems similar to the form helper, its nice that its there but I'd really just rather write out my own form tags. I would much rather write my own clean jquery than have a bunch of php calls that will write out the javascript for me.

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
I never use the JS (or other HTML or CSS) libraries. They are different parts of the website and should be separated as such. The jQuery library will output code directly to that template, instead of being included in an external JS file, and that's not very efficient. The only time you'd want to do that is if you need to generate something dynamically.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB