Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
The CodeIgniter Handbook - New CI Book for newbies and pros alike!

[eluser]Jamie Rumbelow[/eluser]
Hi everyone,

I am utterly thrilled to announce that my new book, The CodeIgniter Handbook Volume 1, is now available for order!

Volume 1, Who Needs Ruby? is a pragmatic, succinct guide to improving your efficiency and the cleanness of your code. Attractive to amateurs and professionals alike, The CodeIgniter Handbook isn't your usual programming book. It's short, useful and easy to read, and covers how to improve the quality of your code and the speed of your development time.

As long as you understand the basics of writing CI apps, my book will be useful to you -- it's totally different from any other CI book as it teaches process rather than "how to do a b and c". If you want to learn about how a CI pro approaches problems, my book is a great way to go. It's not too complex, doesn't make horrible assumptions (but doesn't patronise either; no one needs to know how to install CI) and gets you into the mindset of a professional CI developer.

It's available to buy as a print book or an eBook. It's also much cheaper than most programming books, at only £12 (roughly $18) for the print book and £6 ($10) for the eBook.

I've had some great feedback already -- everyone appears to be enjoying it! Thanks for your support.

Purchase the CodeIgniter Handbook today!

[eluser]Sire[/eluser]
Suggestion: the checkout process could be easier for U.S.

ex. Address Line #3 was required, but I wasn't sure what to put there. We usually have 2 lines.
123 Main St
Anytown, State 12345

Good luck!

[eluser]Sire[/eluser]
Disregard.

[eluser]KaBaDaBrA[/eluser]
Just bought the eBook - Look forward to reading it!! Smile

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
The book is fantastic, I really like it. I have a question and a suggestion too.

Question: What's in the next volume ?

Suggestion: The same way the My_Model class is available on GitHub, you could make available all the code from the book to those who bought the book.

[eluser]amosdesigns[/eluser]
I missed the CICON 2012. but I just got the Jamie's book. I'm loving the book, and enjoying an updated look at codeigniter 2.1. I would per order the next one.thanks

[eluser]Mirge[/eluser]
Could you post a chapter list? I see that Vol 2 is due in a few weeks.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi Jamie CI Master...Is it selling well with all these torrenting habits ?
Cheers

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB