Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
problem with link and url

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
hello. I'm new user of codeigniter framework.
I created a view that has a form with action attribute. value of action is "email/send". 'email' is controller and 'send' is method that send email by getting form parameters from view. this view load in index() method of email controller. ok?
now when my url is 'localhost://codeigniter/email' every thing is fine (I mean url change to 'localhost://codeigniter/email/send'). but when my url change to localhost://codeigniter/email/' and I press the submit button my page goes to this address: 'http://localhost/codeigniter/email/email/send' and in this address I see my view again.
I want my web application has same behavior for url with & without "/" at the end of them.

I have this problem with simple anchor tag . I tried by put $config['url_suffix'] = '/'; in config.php but it didn't help me.

please help me about this problem Sad

[eluser]Glazz[/eluser]
What is your html form method and form action ?

What i mean is:
<form method="post" action="the page you go after submiting the form">

Maybe you have
<form method="post" action="send">

And when you submit your form it goes to the send page ?!?

Btw, try to use the ENTER KEY more, it's a little bit difficult to read your post :\

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
Your base_url should be:
Code:
$config['base_url'] = 'http://localhost/codeigniter/';

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
My form tag:
<form method="post" action="send/email" >
And I changed my action value to <?php echo base_url(send/email)?>

My problem solved.

I think should use base_url() for every internal link. I think true?

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
If your base_url is not set right it will never work!

[eluser]PhilTem[/eluser]
It's even easier to use the form_helper since it will make any relative link work Wink At least as long as the base-url is set up correctly!

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
Use site_url(), not base_url(). site_url() will include the index.php in your links if it is assigned. Good for having your website still work properly without an .htaccess file.

The form_open() helper function uses site_url(), as an example.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB