Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
PHP ARTICLES CODE

[eluser]brahdaz[/eluser]
Hey everyone and anyone, I was wondering how i would go about to code an articles page in a CMS site of mine, where I want a news article to display on the page, with three thumbnails on the right hand side. When I input a new article, the previous article goes to the first thumbnail, and so on until all three are filled up. So basically I'm trying to make an articles page which displays the latest article posted and the three articles before that as thumbnails with an image, heading and a bit of text. any help?

[eluser]astroanu[/eluser]
[quote author="brahdaz" date="1335129145"]Hey everyone and anyone, I was wondering how i would go about to code an articles page in a CMS site of mine, where I want a news article to display on the page, with three thumbnails on the right hand side. When I input a new article, the previous article goes to the first thumbnail, and so on until all three are filled up. So basically I'm trying to make an articles page which displays the latest article posted and the three articles before that as thumbnails with an image, heading and a bit of text. any help? [/quote]

this looks pretty easy . you might find a similar tutorial in the CI tutorials section. all its missing is the thumbnails thingy. its easy to implement anyway.

[eluser]brahdaz[/eluser]
I'm a novice coder. I'm sure I'll be able to post a main article on the page, but what about the thumbnails? And how will the main article move to the thumbnail once I post a new main article in its place?

[quote author="brahdaz" date="1335154914"]I'm a novice coder. I'm sure I'll be able to post a main article on the page, but what about the thumbnails? And how will the main article move to the thumbnail once I post a new main article in its place?[/quote]

you can get the news articles ordered by its posted date from the database and put it in to a html table.

before attempting to do thumbnails i recommend doing a simpler version and then implementing from that position.

CI has an image manipulation class which is very easy to use
Code:
http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-guide/libraries/image_lib.html

[eluser]brahdaz[/eluser]
cool ok ill give it a try thanks a lot.. by the way, have you had any experience using the facebook api to put facebook photos page onto a non fb related website? Its not as simple as just calling an iframe i found out lol, I know I'm a real noob

[quote author="brahdaz" date="1335157142"]cool ok ill give it a try thanks a lot.. by the way, have you had any experience using the facebook api to put facebook photos page onto a non fb related website? Its not as simple as just calling an iframe i found out lol, I know I'm a real noob[/quote]

haven't tried fb photos but i think its the same as fb user profiles. :roll:

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB