Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Fatal error: Class 'CI_Controller' not found

[eluser]melba[/eluser]
thank you
you mean the html area,and I live the name of folder Code Igniter_2.1.0 like that?,

and then how I install it?[quote author="melba" date="1336726397"]

2-After uploading the files in the right place how do I run the installation of codigniter on my server?,can it be via ssh,or by hitting an install file?

3-Can I install ci class controller independently?

[eluser]melba[/eluser]
-OR-
after installing code igniter the analog way the class CI_controler will be detected automatically?

<And I say analog because downloads can be done via ssh with wget as much as unzippin<
by the way code igniter installation wholt procedure cant be done via ssh?

If so please give commands

Thank you very much for taking your valuable and expensive time in reading to all

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
There should not be any space between the word codeigniter <- is one word, wrong like this -> code igniter
and do not use spaces in your directory and filenames use an underscore!

[eluser]melba[/eluser]
What do you mean insite fx?,are you talking about the way dirs have to be when uploaded to server?

Somehow I see people missdirecting this thread,first I think code igniter's installation guide has been setted in purist snobic way since it says upload the files to server but it just dont say where,in the good families this would be called something like offending talking,yes like talking to you but also ignoring you,in other words pure attituude,however some guy told me here that the place to be uploaded was to be on the root home,that is somehow a level inside server,and just like I said this is like so snobish that no one says nothing and if they say they do it wrong,who was the guy?.,Oh codeligniteme no I dont believe is uploaded in a non public place of server because somehow it cant be like that since it couldnt be accesed on the internet,so I take it as an attitude mistake and will upload it in html area,the very next thing I need to find out is how to install it

Something makes me wonder CI aint like other script that needs to hit an install file ,that it is more than anything a bunch of compiled files that work as an addon controller by aside applications and that there is no need to install anything ,just set the call back url that is somehow the root that is something I dont understand,is it that I must add a code of this file to my htm area index.php??

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
Normal setup of CodeIgniter root:
Code:
application
assets
system
index.php

My server

Code:
root
application
system
public_html <-- this is were you will go to when going to my server!
index.php

//
All you need to do is this to accss them in the root...
edit index.php
// change these
$system_path = 'system';
$application_folder = 'application';

// to this!
$system_path = '../system';
$application_folder = '../application';

[eluser]melba[/eluser]
Appreciate your support men
The great asset of your words insitefx is that I understand you are telling me that there is not need to install anything but configuring index file.

Look on the other hand ur example is a little vague since is not explicit look
Im gonna give you this paths for you to choose so I know where it is uploaded ok?

1-/home
2-/home/httpd
3-/home/httpd/user/
4-/home/admin/user

I guess you are talking about number four.

So this$system_path = '../system';<----------this is not this?---&gt;/home/admin/melba/bidscript/app/controllers/payment.php ?
$application_folder = '../application'; <----this is not this?--------controllers,that would be like this:
$application_folder = '../controllers';

by the way do I have to keep both dots?

[eluser]melba[/eluser]
thanks you very much insitefx

[eluser]melba[/eluser]
look at what you are saying insitefix,you are saying that all you need is to access them by root,and that is wrong man if they are on root level they are worthless,please make up your mind truly appreciate your support but in here there is nobody drunk or anything,why you dont say html area?,because paypal wont send ipn messages to my root,but to my html area man,why being so complicated men?

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
[quote author="melba" date="1337015590"]look at what you are saying insitefix,you are saying that all you need is to access them by root,and that is wrong man if they are on root level they are worthless,please make up your mind truly appreciate your support but in here there is nobody drunk or anything,why you dont say html area?,because paypal wont send ipn messages to my root,but to my html area man,why being so complicated men?[/quote]You obviously didn't clearly read and/or understand what he posted.

It's perfectly fine (and actually desirable from a security standpoint) to have the /application and /system directories OUTSIDE of webroot where you can't directly access them from the url. If you take the time to read what he wrote, there is a place where the application and system directories get DEFINED, so it doesn't matter where they are located on the server. He even showed you how to define it if the dirs were one level above webroot. You are the one being complicated here because you don't understand the framework and so you don't understand when people are trying to help you as they assume you know what you are doing.

I suggest you actually learn CI before trying to alter a project already written in it, or hire someone who does know it. Otherwise this will be very frustrating for you and not many will hold your hand.

[eluser]melba[/eluser]
Not other snob please,certainly ci is new to me but Im writting a lot and reading a lot and like learning to talk means learning to hear if you say Im the one faking it then that is ignorance because you are not gonna help somebody if you dont hear that person then you are a snob.

I understand now that you explain in snob way that ci works being in almost any location on server,it is just that if you want to help me you have to read me too just like I read what this guys say,but if they readt the hints I give them it would have been a lot easier,yeah I admit they bring good stuff but if they readt what I tell them and try to explain based on that it wouldnt be as snobi you know.

Howeverly thank you

You dont have to hold my hand dear just make what snobs do and make like you didnt see nothing

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB