Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Sparks Private Repository?

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I work at an organization that has a number of different CI webapps, and there are lots of custom shared libraries between them. As of right now, the libraries are committed into svn under each project, which makes keeping up with the latest version of them difficult. We'd much prefer to have each library in a central place, and an easy way to pull it down into each project at build time. I've been looking into using Sparks for this need, but I've run into some trouble.

It seems that Sparks is set up to use the public getsparks.org repo by default. That doesn't fit our needs, though, because these shared libraries are proprietary, not open-source. I see that you can download the repo software, run it on your own server, and point to it, so I tried that. But then I saw that if I didn't want to use GitHub (again, not an option because not open-source) I would need to set up my own Git or Mercurial server (is svn support under consideration?). I got my own Git server set up over HTTP, but I couldn't find any reference to the concept of Public Clone URL, so I ended up stuck.

So my questions are:
1. Is Sparks the right tool for managing proprietary packages like this? If it's not the right tool, is there another one out there?
3. If it is the right tool, is there a different approach I should be taking?
4. If this is the right approach, how do I set up or get a Public Clone URL for my private Git server? Or is Mercurial easy to set up and get this value?

Thanks for your help.

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
You can have private repos on github; they're just not free.

[eluser]PhilTem[/eluser]
You can have private buckets (repos) on bitbucket. And if you're working at any college/university, you get the unlimited account type for free.
By default, you can also host as many private repos on bitbucket as you would like. And you can choose between git and hg.

Even though I like and use git over bitbucket, I use bitbucket for my private repos though Wink

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB