Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Classifieds ads website

[eluser]codelogic[/eluser]
Hi all,

I am building a Classifieds ads website using CodeIgniter.

I have already built the login/registration system without CodeIgniter, but thought for the rest of my website I should use CI.

I followed the User Guides tutorial on this site to build a "Submit News" section using CodeIgniter. This would be similar to "posting a classified ad", so that function is working but in a very featureless way... I want to add pictures, implement ad expiration, user profiles, etc. to the website. Where can I move on from here? I googled but could not find any tutorials or help in this matter.

I'm just sort of lost... any guidance would be appreciated. How do people tackle such hard projects alone?

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
People do it with practice, just like anything else.

My advice is to give yourself small, very basic goals. Create your classifieds with only a title and a description. Then add a price. Then an ad expiration. Etc etc. Thinking about it as a whole will just continue to make you over think and unsure of where to start. Start with the very basics and move up from there.

The more times you do that, the easier it will get in the future.

[eluser]codelogic[/eluser]
[quote author="Aken" date="1338065663"]People do it with practice, just like anything else.

My advice is to give yourself small, very basic goals. Create your classifieds with only a title and a description. Then add a price. Then an ad expiration. Etc etc. Thinking about it as a whole will just continue to make you over think and unsure of where to start. Start with the very basics and move up from there.

The more times you do that, the easier it will get in the future.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply Aken. Smile

That's very true, for a project like this I will need to take things one step at a time.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB