Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
uninstall git and ssh key from server

[eluser]mussarath[/eluser]
Hi everyone.

Can any one tell me how to uninstall git and .ssh key from server. As am getting internal server error to my website.

Please any tell me how to delete these keys from the server.

Regards
Shaik

[eluser]Rok Biderman[/eluser]
Hey Shaik,

I'm going to assume you use some sort of Debian based server (like Ubuntu) and you have ssh access. You can thus get rid of keys if you remove the keys from your user/.ssh folder - usually the id_rsa.pub file (alternatively id_dsa.pub or some .pem file). You have to be careful to leave alone the key that allows you to ssh into the server 'cause you're able to effectively lock yourself out this way.

You get rid of git with
Code:
sudo apt-get remove git
after which you remove .gitconfig inside your user directory. Use this
Code:
sudo find /usr/local -depth -iname 'git*' -exec rm -rf {} \;
to remove any eventual remaining files if you still have problems.

Hi sir..

I have already did this and uninstalled all the git keys.
Still i have ssh key in the server I want to remove the ssh keys.

On more thing the .html extensioned files are loading perfectly on the .php files are not getting loaded.
Do u have any idea of that ? its very urgent now. site is down. users are sending mails.

What happens when you try and go to php file? It tries to download the file? If so, you might have uninstalled php5 by mistake and you can fix it by doing this.
Code:
sudo apt-get install php5

sudo apt-get install libapache2-mod-php5

sudo service apache2 restart

[eluser]Jason Hamilton-Mascioli[/eluser]
For SSH disabling look for the authorized_keys file and remove the key in question ...

$HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys or something similar depending which Linux flavor

Hai Coccodrillo

I am sorry for my delayed responce. Actually the php file permissions had been changed that time. So that was the problem. We set up now.

Regards
Shaik

Nice to know you've managed to fix it. Makes a good point to owning a separate testing environment, though.

Yes Thanks sir.And I followed some of your steps to get it done.

Do you have any nice link where the user can init a git on remote server and once the user update to git repository it has to automatically update the files to remote server. I managed some how before, but I have to teach my juniors this like a step by step process. If you can assist me it will be very nice for me.

Regards
Shaik

Hi

I wanted to create a git repository in web server. So I have logged in as root user and I have init a git repo under usr folder. So its been installed successfully. But when I try to see the www root directory I could not find it. I have to create folders under www dir.

After that I have looged in as another user (not as root) but ls , mkdir ,clear none of the commnads are working ,not even git command is working.

So how can I make some changes so that no matter from where I have logged in in git , but git and all other commands should work ?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB