Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI plugin for eclipse

[eluser]Nagabhushana[/eluser]
Hi,

Is there CI plugin for eclipse?

[eluser]John Fuller[/eluser]
What would it do that the PHP plugin does not already do? I suppose it could have snippets or something for the library but the library is already simple enough that if you work in CodeIgniter for long you will memorize almost all of it.

[eluser]FarCoder[/eluser]
What I miss in PHP plugin when working with CI is autocomplete.
Is there any way to make it autocomplete loaded libraries methods or vars?

[eluser]Stefano G[/eluser]
Hi FarCoder, I am using Eclipse PDT and I have the code completion using the following workspace setup:

a) when I setup a CI project I put the Application and System folder at the same directory level.

instead of the default
Code:
APP_DIR --+-- system ------+--- application
          !                +--- cache  
          !                +--- codeigniter
          !                +--- ...and so on
          !
          +-- user_guide  
          +-- .htaccess
          +-- index.php
I use this structure

Code:
APP_DIR --+-- application -+--- config
          !                +--- controller
          !
          +-- system ------+--- cache                          
          !                +--- codeigniter
          !
          +-- user_guide  
          +-- .htaccess
          +-- index.php

You can read this in the user guide's setup page Smile

b) once in Eclipse I create TWO projects: the first one pointing to the system folder I called it CI_CORE.

The second one is the project of my application and it points to the application folder.

In the PROPERTIES of the second project (application) I add a reference (in the INCLUDE PATH tab) to the first project (CI_CORE).

c) after that I have autocompletion!!! Smile

In my workspace I use just one CI_CORE project as a reference and then I can have as many projects (installations) I want pointing to that core project.

Please have a look at the screenshots.

I hope I was clear enough cheers!

Stefano

...second screenshot...

[eluser]xUmaRix[/eluser]
I already setup my eclipse for code completion as yours but i cant get code completion.The method seems to be just like how to get code completion on CakePHP.The way I did is I move application folder from system folder as you said to be the same level as system folder.I also setup eclipse 2 php project and link application folder with the system folder.Is there any config needed to be done?

[eluser]hvalente13[/eluser]
It's a good solution, but it would be better if we could link it to our application classes, as models for controllers or controllers for views... That would be great...

But a good solution Stefano G.

@xUmaRix: I am sorry to ask such a silly question but are you using Eclipse PDT? If so and you followed my instructions, then everthing should work! I just reviewed my PDT configuration and the steps I reported in my post are right.

Anyway let me know if I can help Smile

cheers!

[eluser]Xeoncross[/eluser]
@Stefano G: Ya, I have the same setup.

I am using Eclipse and as soon as I link to a system file like "system" the PDT "builds" the auto-complete function/class list. Eclipse is just awesome.

...just a quick reply to let you know that I am currently trying APTANA STUDIO (the free Eclipse plugin flavour) ...it looks very good and it has a lots of visual improvements (like an html toolbar for formatting the text in bold, italic and so on).

It really worths a try!

Stefano

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB