Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I have some problem to install a php script

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in H:\xampp\htdocs\face\CodeIgniterCore\codeigniter\Common.php on line 123

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in H:\xampp\htdocs\face\CodeIgniterCore\codeigniter\Common.php on line 129
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: 8192

Filename: codeigniter/CodeIgniter.php

Line Number: 53

Message: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated

Filename: libraries/Loader.php

Line Number: 248

Message: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated

Filename: database/DB.php

Line Number: 89

Filename: libraries/Config.php

Line Number: 177

Filename: libraries/Config.php

Line Number: 177

[eluser]TWP Marketing[/eluser]
Which version of CI is being used for your code?
Which version of PHP is installed on your server?

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
[quote author="TWP Marketing" date="1346862201"]Which version of CI is being used for your code?
Which version of PHP is installed on your server?[/quote]

my CI version 1.0
and php version 5.0

[eluser]TWP Marketing[/eluser]
Your are using a very early version of CI. I recommend that you upgrade to the latest version (2.1.2)

If you are trying to install code that is already written, then you will need to change the coding for the elements that are deprecated.

Is this a preexisting application or are you starting fresh on a new application?

[eluser]Telford Internet[/eluser]
Hi Iam getting this error as well.

I have recently upgraded a site that was built by someone else. The error I get is:

Code:
]PHP Deprecated:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/xxxxx/public_html/system/codeigniter/Common.php on line 123
PHP Deprecated:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/xxxxx/public_html/system/codeigniter/Common.php on line 129

I suspect that this is old hangover from something as I can't see this folder in a new install.

It works ok on my local test environment but not on the live server. Have no idea why.

Any thoughts?

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
As of PHP 5.3 assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated and you get this message.

You can also suppress these message by setting filtering them in your error reporting setting. So I can't say why the difference, it could be PHP version, or error reporting settings.

But bottom line: the code you use needs to be upgraded to work properly with PHP 5.3+, as TWP Marketing already suggested.

[eluser]Telford Internet[/eluser]
Thanks

But the point is I have upgraded as far as I can tell. I have taken the version from 1.6.1 to the latest version. I believe the folder 'code igniter' in the directory is a hangover from something and is being called somewhere in the code. Problem is I'd didn't create the site and I am havig issues locating what is calling the page and this is made difficult due to the way pages are loaded.

Any advice on how to locate what is calling the page?

EDIT:
I haven't amended the 'Application' folder as during the upgrade process other than the occasional file, this was not required.

In theory, if I replace the 'application folder' as if I was completing a new instal, would this be a safe option?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB