Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Installing an old application to a new server

[eluser]Rurik[/eluser]
Hi all,

As part of a major work for uni, I have been tasked to improve on an application done with Code Igniter. So as not to potentially break their server, I am replicating their server on one of the Uni's.

I have a lamp stack set up, i have my database set up, and I am trying to install Code Igniter. I followed the instructions in the user guide for 2.0.2, as that is what I am using, but when I click my html link to the application, it just goes to a blank page. However, it works on the client's server.

Anyone know why this might be happening and how to fix it? Running ubuntu 10 I think.

Rurik

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
Search around for "PHP blank page". Likely there is a fatal error, but error displaying is turned off.

[eluser]Rurik[/eluser]
I turned on logging in config and checked the application log path but nothing is getting logged

[eluser]TWP Marketing[/eluser]
Check your php.ini and set it to dump all errors, at least during testing,
Code:
error_reporting(E_ALL);
This can be too verbose, and fill your php error log, so be prepared to set it back to the original level after you check this particular problem.

[eluser]NotDior[/eluser]
If you have command line PHP installed do a lint check (php -l filename.php (small L)) on that file and it will tell you what's going on with it. Probably some parenthesis missing or something like that.

Also, check your Apache error log.

[eluser]Rurik[/eluser]
@notDoir, it is copy paste files from the other server, where it works, so that isnt it. But I checked anyway, and nothing. Where do I find the logs for apache2? I couldnt seem to find log folder under apache2.

As for setting error_reporting = E_ALL, still no errors being reported in the codeIgniter Logs, no file even there, and again, I am not sure where the php5 log files are kept.

On a side note, why, when I unzip CodeIgniter_2.0.2.zip, am I getting CodeIgniter_2.1.2 files?

Under linux, the apache logs are in /var/log/apache2/error.log
You may see archived error logs also "error1.log", "error2.log. You want the current one "error.log"
If you are on Windows, I don't know where the apache logs are saved.

[Edit] my zip file is named Codeigniter_2.1.2.zip downloaded from github

[quote author="TWP Marketing" date="1346972255"]Under linux, the apache logs are in /var/log/apache2/error.log
You may see archived error logs also "error1.log", "error2.log. You want the current one "error.log"
If you are on Windows, I don't know where the apache logs are saved.

[Edit] my zip file is named Codeigniter_2.1.2.zip downloaded from github
The one before that was Codeigniter_2.0.3.zip
Both contain exactly what they claim to be. I don't have a 2.0.2 version.[/quote]

php logs:
/etc/php5/apache2/php.ini

[eluser]Rurik[/eluser]
Well I downloaded 2.0.2 using wget, as that was what was installed on the previous system. And when I unzipped it it has 2.1.2 files in it. Go Figure...

The only errors in my apache log are lack of a FQDN and missing favico icons

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB