Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
2.1.0 --> 2.1.1 Tank Auth IP addresses?

[eluser]echo_boom[/eluser]
http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...e_211.html

I am following the above guide to upgrade my CI installation from 2.1.0 to 2.1.1

Step 3 says to UPDATE YOUR IP ADDRESS TABLES
ALTER TABLE ci_sessions CHANGE ip_address ip_address varchar(45) default '0' NOT NULL

Does this mean that I have to run this ALTER SQL command for EVERY SINGLE ip address field that is in the TANK AUTH AUTHENTICATION DB?

IP address fields in tank auth DB:

‘last_ip’ in table ‘users’
varchar(40) utf8_bin Null(No) Default(None)

‘last_ip’ in table ‘user_autologin’
varchar(40) utf8_bin NULL(No) Default(None)

‘ip_address’ in table ‘login_attempts’
varchar(40) utf8_bin NULL(No) Default(None)

‘ip_address’ in table ‘ci_sessions’
varchar(16) utf8_bin NULL(No) Default(0)

[eluser]Narf[/eluser]
No, the upgrade guide only covers what's shipped with CodeIgniter and Tank auth seems to already have a length of 40 for IP addresses (which is the needed change).

[eluser]echo_boom[/eluser]
So then... I am NOT going to alter any of the table fields in the Tank Auth database.

Also, the upgrade to CI 2.1.1 was trying to change to varchar(45) and the Tank Auth ip address fields are varchar(40). One of the Tank Auth ip address fields is varchar(16)...

I'm still greatly confused. So I am just NOT going to alter the Tank Auth database at all.

If I am making a huge mistake by NOT increasing all of Tank Auth's ip address fields to varchar(45) someone please let me know.

Thank you.

[eluser]Narf[/eluser]
These lengths are updated in order to support IPv6.
If your application is not accessible via IPv6 - you shouldn't care.
If it supports IPv6, you should ideally support the maximum length of an IPv6 address in any field that might store it. That maximum lenght is 45 characters and I'm pretty sure whoever wrote Tank Auth will update it in a future version anyway.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB