Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Grocery CRUD plugin and others

[eluser]jayreis[/eluser]
I am new to CI and of course wanting to become really strong with using it but wanted to ask the communities opinion on using a CRUD plugin like Grocery Crud vs coding my own CRUD function(s). It seems like their are so many pre-made plugins and I very much don't believe in having to re-create the wheel with such routine functions such as doing CRUD functions within my app

However I don't know if as I teach myself CI should I also just teach myself how to use a specific plugin like Grocery Crud and become really familiar with its code etc or should I invest the time in building my own functions within my own app since after all I want to become fluent with CI.

It just seems these days their are so many frameworks popping up and plugins popping up and I don't want to continue to fall out of date with my knowledge and skill set. Hence I am working to learn the ins and outs of CI but while also being able to benefit from the rapid development it offers since I can't take months and months to learn this all. So should I just dive in and learn all these plugins which I feel are shortcuts ??

[eluser]RaZoR LeGaCy[/eluser]
I tried out Grocery CRUD and it is easy. Really makes it all easy.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB