Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
I am sick of bad CodeIgniter's URL errors handling. I am going to Laravel

[eluser]Juan Velandia[/eluser]
Go to Laravel and have fun.... We love CI and we will try to improve the framework and this forum every single day.

[eluser]term25[/eluser]
At least I am not dogmatic and when I see that something is obsolete I try to find better.

I have found Laravel. The most amazing FW in the PHP sphere so far.

I repeat, it is the most amazing framework so far.

CI is like Internet Explorer 6 and you guys are only making things worse, when you are supporting this rusty project.

And why should I use CI aka IE6 if I can use Laravel aka Chrome?

The only thing that stops me from completely abandon CI are the stupid projects from the past, but some of them I will convert to Laravel soon.

[eluser]Mirge[/eluser]
[quote author="term25" date="1352318718"]At least I am not dogmatic and when I see that something is obsolete I try to find better.

I have found Laravel. The most awesome FW in the PHP sphere so far.

It is the most amazing framework so far.

CI is like Internet Explorer 6 and you guys are only making things worse.

Why should I use CI aka IE6 if I can use Laravel aka Chrome?

The only thing that stops me from completely abandon CI are the stupid project from the past, but some of them I will convert to Laravel soon.
[/quote]

Congratulations on finding Laravel! Please go spend all of your time on their forum and not here.

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
I'm happy for you. Have fun. I imagine you have work to do now and don't have time for these silly postings trying to convince us that you made the right choice for yourself. Basically, we don't really care what tool you use. If you don't want to use CI that doesn't affect us one bit. You are one person. If this was the general consensus of the community I'd understand, but it seems you are the only one complaining about this.

Are you really moving on or just saying you are and continuing to ramble on here to yourself about decisions you've already made?

[eluser]term25[/eluser]
I am really moving to Laravel.

I don't see any future for CodeIgniter, except maybe as the IE6 analogy joke Wink

And as I have mentioned it before, I am using it only because of some older websites I need to manage.

All my new projects I am developing using Laravel.

I am seeing a framework as a tool, not as a religion or some cult.

If there will be something better than Laravel I will use that.

[quote author="CroNiX" date="1352319226"]I'm happy for you. Have fun. I imagine you have work to do now and don't have time for these silly postings trying to convince us that you made the right choice for yourself. Basically, we don't really care what tool you use. If you don't want to use CI that doesn't affect us one bit. You are one person. If this was the general consensus of the community I'd understand, but it seems you are the only one complaining about this.

Are you really moving on or just saying you are and continuing to ramble on here to yourself about decisions you've already made?[/quote]

[eluser]Mirge[/eluser]
Have a great time w/ Laravel! I'm sure it's a wonderful framework. We'll miss you (chuckle).

[eluser]Narf[/eluser]
[quote author="term25" date="1352318718"]CI is like Internet Explorer 6 and you guys are only making things worse, when you are supporting this rusty project.[/quote]

Another boldly false statement.

You can't compare CI to a web browser and especially not to IE6. Internet Explorer 6 is our nightmare for 2 reasons:

1. Microsoft doesn't care about standards and that has affected their product.
2. You are, or until recently were forced to support it, because of its enormous user base.

None of these statements are true for CodeIgniter. 1) because it has been a standard for so long and 2) because it's you that have to move away from it, if you wish. It's not like your website's visitors will demand that you use CI.

On the contrary, CodeIgniter will help you when your project needs to be hosted on a server where you don't have PHP 5.3. No other framework can give you that and if you want to compare it to anything - it has to be jQuery, helping you in your battles with IE6.

At this point, something's becoming very obvious - you're either trolling, running an ad campaign for Laravel or running an anti-campaign against CodeIgniter. None of the three is a noble thing to do - first and last speak for themselves and I really doubt that anybody representing Laravel has asked you to do the second. I can assure you - this is the worst way of advertising a product and it is doing them no favor.

One thing you did got right though - a framework is a tool, and you should use the one tool that best fits the job. If that tool happens to not be CodeIgniter for you - that's fine, nobody will get upset about it and note that nobody says that Laravel is bad.
All that has been asked from anybody here on the forums is to be respectful to others and so far (unless somebody started a real flame war while I'm writing this) everybody has been respectful to you. Why you refuse to do so and stop this hate fest is beyond me - please do.

For the rest of you, community members - don't feed him the attention that he seeks. At least I'm trying to make a point.

[eluser]xeroblast[/eluser]
just recently watch skyfall.. and im seeing this "term25" as an agent spy for laravel.. hahaha...

ive use codeigniter for years now, and i just use laravel this year.. so far, there are things that codeigniter isnt supported with what laravel is supported and VICE VERSA.. so when it comes to that, YOU HAVE TO MAKE YOUR OWN CODE to do what is needed to be done. codeigniter and laravel are php frameworks and if the frameworks have things that are not YET supported then do the PHP code or make an extension.. as simple as that..

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
I bet his Facebook page is full of ignorant, biased rants about the US election, too. Go away, troll.

[eluser]treeface[/eluser]
I've coded in both CI and Laravel. term25 is an idiot. Please don't come to the Laravel forums.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB