Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Not able to set the timezone

[eluser]nirmal.jingar[/eluser]
Do you have any idea how Apache affect the timezone?

[eluser]Otemu[/eluser]
As far as I know it works like this

Apache checks for timezone set
[Date]
; Defines the default timezone used by the date functions
; http://php.net/date.timezone
date.timezone = Europe/Berlin

Then this can be easily overridden by setting date_default_timezone_set('Asia/Kolkata'); in your php files or by changing it directly in php.ini date.timezone = Asia/Kolkata

Which is why I suggested uninstalling and reinstalling XAMP/WAMP/Apache as maybe there some kind of conflict.

Hi Otemu,

I am using PHP 5.2.17 (php-5.2.17-Win32-VC6-x86.msi), Apache 2.2.22 (httpd-2.2.22-win32-x86-openssl-0.9.8t.msi) on Windows 7 Enterprise.
I have reinstalled the PHP and Apache and added date.timezone = Asia/Kolkata in php.ini
I printing the date in my_controller.php constructor date('d-M-Y h:iConfused A'); it is still showing me the wrong date and time Sad

[eluser]Otemu[/eluser]
Try the following:

1. Check what is displayed as the default time by going to phpinfo()
if your not sure how to get to phpinfo create a php file and just include
Code:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
Open the page and it will display the php configuration information

2. Scroll down to where it says Default timezone in the phpinfo page and it should show you what is set, if the correct timezone is displayed as Asia/Kolkata then we know apache is handling the timezone correctly and the issue will be with codeigniter
If however it is not showing the timezone as Asia/Kolkata then we know that this is an issue with the installation
then you should try the following:

i. Uninstalling Apache and then try install either wampserver or xampp.
ii. Set the time zone again in php.ini date.timezone = Asia/Kolkata and restart the server
iii. Check what is displayed as the default time by going to phpinfo() scroll down to Default timezone and it should show you what is set, if the correct timezone is displayed as Asia/Kolkata then hopefully all should work now

Using phpinfo it is showing default timezone "Asia/Kolkata", but showing different date and time on codeigniter pages.

[eluser]Otemu[/eluser]
[quote author="nirmal.jingar" date="1354621164"]Using phpinfo it is showing default timezone "Asia/Kolkata", but showing different date and time on codeigniter pages.[/quote]

Create another php page outside of codeiginiter framework and echo date and time and see what you get

It is showing correct date and time (as per “Asia/Kolkata” timezone) on non-codeigniter page.

[eluser]Otemu[/eluser]
Have you removed all time references within codeigniter now??
There should be nothing changing timezone within codeigniter itself
Then try to echo date and time

Yes, I have already removed all the references within codeigniter. It is showing wrong date and time on codeigniter pages.

[eluser]Otemu[/eluser]
Download a fresh version of codeigniter, test it with a clean installation and see what happens

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB