Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Migrating your App to 1.6

[eluser]kevinprince[/eluser]
Just thought id start a post for people to chat about migrating there apps to 1.6, im going to be doing mine later tonight. Hopefully without to much trouble!

[eluser]BizComputing[/eluser]
An associate of mine made the great suggestion to set up each version of CI that we have worked with in it's own folder, then just change the setting in the index page to the version you want to run. That way, if you flip to a diff version and there are problems you don't have time to deal with, you can easily flip back until your ready to deal with the fixes.

[eluser]James Gifford[/eluser]
I switched over a couple of work projects over to 1.6 today. Everything went smoothly except for an error caused by a change to the Postgres driver. Apparently CI adds parentheses around the FROM clause in the SQL query which caused a syntax error on my server. Hopefully this will be fixed soon because I don't like modifying the CI system code at all.

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
James. Apologies, I thought postgre understood those brackets. Open up

line 489 of database/postgre/postgre_driver.php and remove the brackets
Code:
return '('.implode(', ', $tables).')';
// becomes
return implode(', ', $tables);

If anyone else can confirm this behaviour in pg, I'll remove them permanently.

[eluser]James Gifford[/eluser]
Derek,

Its no big deal. I thought that maybe another version of PostgreSQL used a slightly different syntax or something. I've actually posted about this in the Bug Reports forum where someone else encountered something similar.

[eluser]BitRanch[/eluser]
[quote author="Derek Allard" date="1201844554"]James. Apologies, I thought postgre understood those brackets. Open up

line 489 of database/postgre/postgre_driver.php and remove the brackets
Code:
return '('.implode(', ', $tables).')';
// becomes
return implode(', ', $tables);

If anyone else can confirm this behaviour in pg, I'll remove them permanently.[/quote]

I may be a little late to pick this up (just ran into the bug) but I can confirm the behavior here.

--
Bill

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Thanks both. There are a few other database driver fixes, and these'll all get uploaded shortly.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I can confirm it too.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB