Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Codeigniter Bootstrap 3 Modal Not Loading Up

[eluser]razerone[/eluser]
Hi.

I am working on my modal popup for bootstrap 3 and trying to make it work with codeigniter. It will not load up in the view.

I have got it working on my standard html http://codepen.io/CarraraWebsiteSolutions/pen/uzhfj. But will not work on PHP Codeigniter. I have been stuck on it all night.

Why wont it load on my view. my view is home.php Javascript is kept in bottom of footer is what bootstrap recommends

Code:
type="text/javascript"
$('#myModal').modal('toggle')

In the home controller is

Code:
$this->load->view(header);
$this->load->view(home);
$this->load->view(footer);

In the home view is

Code:
<div class="modal fade" id="myModal" tabindex="-1" role="dialog" aria-labelledby="myModalLabel" aria-hidden="true">
<div class="modal-dialog">
<div class="modal-content">
<div class="modal-header">
<button type="button" class="close" data-dismiss="modal" aria-hidden="true">&times;</button>
<h4 class="modal-title">Modal title</h4>
</div>
<div class="modal-body">
<p>This Is A Modal Pop Up</p>
</div>
<div class="modal-footer">
<button type="button" class="btn btn-default" data-dismiss="modal">Close</button>
<button type="button" class="btn btn-primary">Save changes</button>
</div>
</div>&lt;!-- /.modal-content --&gt;
</div>&lt;!-- /.modal-dialog --&gt;
</div>&lt;!-- /.modal --&gt;

[eluser]noideawhattotypehere[/eluser]
So, first you call a function THEN you add a .js file? No way it doesnt work!

PS: Get firebug.
PS2: document.ready() is a very useful thing.

[quote author="noideawhattotypehere" date="1383055399"]So, first you call a function THEN you add a .js file? No way it doesnt work!

PS: Get firebug.[/quote]

Didn't know that I am just starting to learning trying to teach my self every thing have been looking through google all day JS How Do I Call It.

[quote author="noideawhattotypehere" date="1383055399"]So, first you call a function THEN you add a .js file? No way it doesnt work!

PS: Get firebug.
PS2: document.ready() is a very useful thing.[/quote]

$( document ).ready(function() {
$('#myModal').modal('toggle');
});

Yeah, now get Firefox+Firebug and you will catch every single JS error.

[quote author="noideawhattotypehere" date="1383056372"]Yeah, now get Firefox+Firebug and you will catch every single JS error.[/quote]

Says type error

TypeError: $(...).modal is not a function
$('#myModal').modal('toggle')

[removed]
$( document ).ready(function() {
$('#myModal').modal('toggle');
});
[removed]

Why dont you place all your .js in the head section of your document? You are still calling a .modal() function before having it loaded in your document.

[quote author="noideawhattotypehere" date="1383056557"]Why dont you place all your .js in the head section of your document? You are still calling a .modal() function before having it loaded in your document.[/quote]

It give up on that now still not working thanks for help any way. I placed it in the head gave that ago also gave it ago placing in bottom of footer.

I might have to do more reading on this. works fine with normal html

You had to screw something up in your view then, you get 'normal html' from CodeIgniter too. PHP is a server side language, all your browser gets is a html response.

[quote author="noideawhattotypehere" date="1383057372"]You had to screw something up in your view then, you get 'normal html' from CodeIgniter too. PHP is a server side language, all your browser gets is a html response.[/quote]

Would you think need to load javascript helper

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB