Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Encryption Key Allows Me to Log in but Won't Load Dashboard

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hello. The company I work for developed a Codeigniter site a few years ago. The client JUST NOW launched the site and asked that we update to the latest Codeigniter code (2.1.4). Now that it is updated, I couldn't log in. I got the message "In order to use the Session class you are required to set an encryption key in your config file" every time I tried to access the admin.

So I went and added a config key to the config.php that looks like this

$config['encryption_key'] = 'your_encryption_key_here';

Now it allows me to access jamesbabcockinc.com/admin with the login form. However, after I enter my credentials, it doesn't load the dashboard. It should direct me to amesbabcockinc.com/admin/dashboard but it doesn't. Instead it just reloads amesbabcockinc.com/admin as a blank screen (where the login form was a second ago).

Is there something else I need to do to get my dashboard back up and running since updating to 2.1.4 and adding an encryption key?

Thanks!

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Nobody has any suggestions? I have no experience with Codeigniter and am hoping someone could give me an idea of what the issue might be!

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
We have no idea about your dashboard code or your authentication system so we can't suggest anything specific.

After you are logged in, are you able to manually go to your dashboard?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB