Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
False conn_id in MySQLi Driver File

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
So I'm working on a database related project with CI as a the framework. So far, everything has been fine, since I've been developing on local host. I moved the project over to a remote server and noticed that things were failing.

As I was trying to isolate the error, I noticed that queries didn't work. That is, they didn't return a MySQL error or any results. The queries themselves were fine and should have returned results (I tested in phpMyAdmin to make sure).

I tried to get CodeIgniter to tell me what the MySQL error was with
Code:
$this->db->_error_message()

But that returned the following error message:
Quote:A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Warning

Message: mysqli_error() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given

Filename: mysqli/mysqli_driver.php

Line Number: 481

So I investigated further, by going into mysqli_driver.php and the function mysqli_error(). The function expects the parameter called $conn_id to be mysqli, but instead was receiving a boolean value (probably FALSE), which tells me that the connection was failing.

I tried a number of proposed solutions from Stack Overflow and other posts on these forums but nothing worked. Some of the things I tried included disabling/enabling database autoload, disabling/enabling persistent connection, etc. I even ran this code that was recommended on Stack Overflow:

Code:
echo '<pre>';
  print_r($db['default']);
  echo '</pre>';

echo 'Connecting to database: ' .$db['default']['database'];
  $dbh=mysql_connect
  (
    $db['default']['hostname'],
    $db['default']['username'],
    $db['default']['password'])
   or die('Cannot connect to the database because: ' . mysql_error());
    mysql_select_db ($db['default']['database']);

echo '<br />   Connected OK:'  ;
   die( 'file: ' .__FILE__ . ' Line: ' .__LINE__);

From this, I got "Connected OK" which really puzzled me, since I was obviously not connecting okay.

I've exhausted all the solutions that I've come across and would really appreciate some help. Thanks in advance.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB