Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Why don't we build a great CMS from Codeigniter ?

[eluser]Référencement Google[/eluser]
Lone, do you expect to let your CMS avaible as an open source project, like do other common CMS?
If yes, will your CMS be free, if not, what would be the cost?

As I see your screenshot, it looks interresting and well designed, I could be interrested professionnaly to have something like that, and would even pay for it if it's a good product, let me know please.

[eluser]Lone[/eluser]
Thanks for the comments on the system so far - Ill be certain to keep everyone updated on is progress in a seperate thread when its released.

To be honest we do not look at selling the CMS as a stand alone product - our core business is towards offering our clients a complete solution, that is the complete design/development/hosting of their website.

Again, we have built it to suit us and to be used exclusively for our clients - but that being said we have developed it to also be quite expandable as well with the use of the Matchbox Module contribution as standard and considerations of easily installing 'modules' when needed.

If there was enough demand we could look at releasing it but my major concern comes down to support and pricing. If I was going to purchase a system like this from another development team I would expect quick and resourceful support - something I know we cannot provide fully at this point of time as we are quite busy developing our major clients projects (think complete real estate management system!). Pricing also becomes a drama because it is hard for use to compete with say EE who have a large development and sales team - hence can price more competitively as they would have a far larger amount of sales.

On the topic of Open Source if we were to release the system would have a few of our core files (not CI or matchbox) IonCubed/encrypted for license protection - but this would not limit the extension of the site, they will be core files that wouldn't usually need to be modified.

[eluser]Negligence[/eluser]
Hi Lone, I was actually referring to the original author in my post, not you/your team. Sorry for the confusion.

[eluser]Lone[/eluser]
No problems - and its true in what you say and as I said earlier its best to make a very very simple cms that just helps start people off in the right direction with the development of their CI site.

[eluser]Référencement Google[/eluser]
I agree 100%, that's why I am interresting in your CMS to see what have been done and if this could be a start from scratch CMS. Unfortunally I understood you won't release it, even if I pay you :-S

I will look also at Eliot's one, it's also for sure promising if you followed how Eliot is developping with CI... Yes Elliot, I am fan of your blog and posts since I started with CI 2 years ago, I have learned a lot from you and I just profit that you are on this thread too to say for you thank you ;-)

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
I really like that layout Lone, Good work Smile

[eluser]Elliot Haughin[/eluser]
Yeah, very slick Lone!

I've just done a commit on some code I've been working on for the CMS, just to give people an 'idea' of how it will work, with this modular method.
Modules now also contain their own administration sections for better distribution.

Over this week I will be:

* Building full pages module backend
* Building full blog/news module
* Build 'account' module

Hopefully by the end of this weekend I'll have it in a state that's good to start with.
The idea is to allow 'drag and drop' module installation.

Edit: wait... I'm setting up the SVN somewhere else.

[eluser]Elliot Haughin[/eluser]
Here we go... a 'home' for this project, and a new name too Smile

Blaze CodeIgniter CMS

[eluser]strogg[/eluser]
Haughing, my first impressions is good, looks like a simple cms templating with module support.
It's looks like a continuing version for Codeignition. This codes from your screencasts right ? It is nice and simple. If you add language support, I'can help with it. Also for modules or templates maybe.
Dont stop screencasting also. Thanks for contribition and effort.

[eluser]Lone[/eluser]
Thanks for the kind comments guys - will be certain to post up when its all done, we can't wait for it either here Tongue

Elliot: Nice work on releasing that CMS so quickly - think its time for it to have its own ignited code thread and then I can put forward some comments on it for you.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB