Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Godaddy Error - No input file specified.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Searched forums, tried everything, couldn't get anything to work. My host is godaddy. When I go to my site.com/index.php/category/ and it just says No input file specified. How do i fix this?

Thanks.

[eluser]Developer13[/eluser]
Might want to try searching the forums a bit harder. You'll find the answer.

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Welcome to CI joe426.

Try searching with "Godaddy No input file specified"

[eluser]life_time_learner[/eluser]
I am with Godaddy too. I am having the same problem as you. They do not support scripting services anyhow. They are kind of useless. I will post my solution here if I could solve it.

[eluser]Robert Mirabito[/eluser]
Read the following. It works

http://codeigniter.com/wiki/Godaddy_Installaton_Tips/

[eluser]skunkbad[/eluser]
I used to use Godaddy, and I would never host my site there again, even if it was free. It's just not worth the headaches. This issue with CI is just another example of how Godaddy has their "special" setup that makes things difficult to develop. My big complaints are that they modify your headers, and their FTP connection is jacked. They will always tell you it is your fault, that its gotta be your code, and I've even heard one of their techs go off in a forum on how stupid their customers are. The good thing is, they have a refund policy that you can get your money back at any time (prorated of course). If you are choosing Godaddy due to geographic location, you might take a look at Inmotion Hosting in L.A., or Colocation in San Diego. Colocation probably has the best reputation in local development circles. I personally host with Inmotion.

[eluser]pranky[/eluser]
Hello Folks,

input file not specified:

I am submitting a link which will explain you what exactly you have to do.

While doing just remember that your index.php? should contain ? mark

<a href="http://pankajdangi.com/2010/04/no-input-file-specified-codeigniter">Check this link</a>

Thanks
Pankaj

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
life_time_learner,

Did you ever solve the godaddy "No input file specified" issue? Would be a big help if you could tell me how you fixed it. Having the same problem for my client.

thanks

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Dear

the only thing you have to do with go daddy linux hosting is

change in your .htaccess file

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php/$1 [L,QSA]

to

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?/$1 [L,QSA]

the only change here is "?" after index.php and it will work on go daddy linux shared hosting.

see the working site

www.fiveocean.net

Good Luck & happy coding with code igniter Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB