Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Are there some plans to add CRUD extension on CI??

[eluser]TiBe[/eluser]
I know that there are many external ways to have an instant CRUD(ex. Code Extinguisher), by the way i would like to see this feature on CI without any external library (should i post it on the Feature Request subforum?? Tongue ).. This could be a very very nice feature (i think Big Grin)..

[eluser]Jay Turley[/eluser]
My guess is that the CI team is working on it. They deprecated scaffolding recently, and I seem to remember them saying something about how they will eventually have a replacement.

[eluser]TiBe[/eluser]
I really really hope so!!

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
I just wonder how flexible it will be.

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
It isn't that difficult to write crud. I did a phpMyAdmin in a day using AR and dbforge library. It's still a mess but once i cleaned it up i will release it.

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
I know its not hard to write crud I have made a small one for a site wide preference interface, but its designed only for my form styles. If someone wanted to use my preference module they would have to use my form layout.

Thats why I suppose its a hard thing to do, there is lots of choice to make it different and one solution won't fit everyone.

If the Ellislab team could figure a abstract way of doing it, that would be amazing, and I hope they do but it will be hard.

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
Adamp1 are you talking about a admin crud library or a front-end crud library? If you are talking about a front-end library i think it's better to have a form library like the Zend framework.

[eluser]gunter[/eluser]
xwaro: I have a question, what is AR ??

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
I'm talking about an admin crud library. Don't know what the Zend Framework form library is tbh.

gunter: Im not 100% ure but I think he means Active Record.

[eluser]Elliot Haughin[/eluser]
Well, at SXSW this year ellislab will be showing ExpressionEngine 2.0, which will probably be amazing.

We all know that CI is closely linked with EE development, and CI 2.0 could well implement a nice new scaffolding method.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB