Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Email library send mail to spam box

Hi,
I am using Email library (CI 3.0.1) in order to send emails but email goes to SPAM box.

How can i fix this ?

Thank you, Ben.

Who's Ben? Smile)

Since you have posted no code I presume everything is working fine, apart from the email is going to spam.

There are a whole variety of reasons that external email systems will identify an email as spam. This is a whole industry in itself which I discovered whilst trying to build an email marketing system - that I had to abandon :-)

In outlook for example, right click on the email and mark it as a trusted source. Then your emails won't go to spam folder any more.

This will not mean that your emails sent to other systems and other people will not land in the spam folder. It depends entirely on their security spam filter settings.

I am assuming that you have set all the fields for the email properly, that the email exists, that you are sending from your own domain and that the email is legitimate. If I have a user registration system that involves verifying an email address I always have to add the 'Please check your spam folder and mark the email as safe' and a 'resend confirmation' functions too to get around this. As more people mark your email as safe, the more your domain trust ratings will go up too. Again this does not solve all the spam security filtering issues. As I said, that is a massive topic all by itself.

Here is some info
http://www.destinationcrm.com/Articles/E...84272.aspx

But you can just google it and there are hundreds of articles about avoiding spam/junk filters, blacklists, building trust etc.

Hope that helps,

Paul.

(09-03-2015, 07:11 AM)Avenirer Wrote: Who's Ben? Smile)

LolĀ  Big Grin

Thank you Paul Smile

i have been twice develope which has need send via email there is no like you said above, all works like charm ! post your code then let debug it

(09-03-2015, 11:57 AM)freddy Wrote: i have been twice develope which has need send via email there is no like you said above, all works like charm ! post your code then let debug it

Hey,

Code:
PHP Code:
$this->load->library('email');

$this->email->from('[email protected]''Ben');
$this->email->to('[email protected]');

$this->email->subject('Email Test');
$this->email->message('Testing the email class.');

$this->email->send(); 

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2015, 01:13 PM by Paradinight.)

Hello bnsd,
A small list:
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sender_Policy_Framework
- wrong mx entry in you domain setting

I need more infos from you like mailserveradress

Edit:

If you send mails from xyz.de (you mailserver) as [email protected] you get a spam flag. To change it you need the spf entry for the xyz ip in you example.com domain setting.

Paul's answer covers it pretty well. I used to manage a fairly large mail server, and the spam software we used had multiple modules to catch spam, each of which had several configuration options and could be set to different priority levels. Setting up proper MX records as Paradinight mentioned may help (especially for SPF), but it's still only one part of the picture. Also make sure your mail server isn't being used by someone else to send spam, because once you get blacklisted by any of the popular blacklists (or by the admin of a large mail server) you'll have a hard time getting email through to anyone.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB